Francis "Frank" Sackett
|Father||Henry Sackett (1871-1913)|
|Mother||Annie Kelly (1870-1938)|
In 1901 Francis was living at 5 Anthony Street, Bermondsey, LondonG, in the household of his parents Henry and Annie, and was recorded in the census as Frances [sic] Sackett, aged four and born in Rotherhithe [He was recorded incorrectly as a daughter].8
Francis served in the Royal Navy during the First World War from 12 May 1916. He was demobilised on 4 February 1919.9
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Frank and Ethel were living at 9 Hilda Vale, Orpington, KentG. He was a plumber's hot water fitter.10
Administration of Francis's estate was granted on 6 September 1956 to his widow Ethel. His estate was valued at £2,405.11
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1897. Sackett, Francis. Mother: Kelly. St Olave. 1d:295."
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1956. Sackett, Frank F, 58. Bromley."
- Probate record.
- Emails from Rita Sackett to Chris Sackett, December 2004.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1919. Sackett, Frank P. Spouse: Whitehead. Bromley. 2a:1447."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1919. Whitehead, Ethel E. Spouse: Sackett. Bromley. 2a:1447."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 392/129v
5 Anthony Street (3 rooms)
Henry Sackett, head, married, 31, dock labourer, worker, b. Rotherhithe, London
Annie Sackett, wife, 31, b. Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 10, b. Rotherhithe, London
Timothy Sackett, son, 8, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, dau, 6, b. Rotherhithe
Frances Sackett, dau, 4, b. Rotherhithe.
- "UK, Royal Navy Registers of Seamen's Services, 1853–1928", digital image, Ancestry.com.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 9 Hilda Vale, Orpington, Kent: RG101/1269B/021/21, Frank Sackett, b. 19 Aug 1897, married, plumbers hot water fitter, heavy worker; RG101/1269B/021/22, Ethel Sackett, b. 20 Dec 1896, married, unpaid domestic duties; Walter John Baldery, b. 1880, married, foreman plasterer; & 1 closed record.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Frank Francis of 9 Hilda Vale-road Farnborough Kent died 6 July 1956 at 125 Bromley Common Bromley Kent Administration London 6 September to Ethel Eleanor Sackett widow. Effects £2405 0s. 1d."
|Last Edited||30 November 2016|