Elizabeth Sarah Sackett
|Father||Vincent John Sackett (1846-1915)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Buckingham (c 1849-1908)|
In 1871 Elizabeth was living at 4 Napoleon Street, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of her parents Vincent and Elizabeth, and was recorded in the census as Elizabeth Sackett, aged three and born in Bermondsey.5
In 1881 she was living at 2 Church Row, St John Horsleydown, Southwark, SurreyG, in the household of her parents Vincent and Elizabeth, and was recorded as Elizabeth Sackett, aged 13 and born in Bermondsey.6
In 1901 she was living at 74 Prusom Street, St George in the East, LondonG, in the household of her husband Charles, 34, a [poor-?] house keeper, and was recorded as Elizabeth King, aged 33 and born in Bermondsey. Living with them was Elizabeth's mother, also Elizabeth, aged 51.7
In 1911 she was living at 54 Yalding Road, BermondseyG, in the household of her widowed father Vincent, and was recorded as Elizabeth Sarah King, married, aged 43 and born in Bermondsey. Living with her was her daughter Minnie, aged eight.8
Elizabeth proved her father Vincent's will on 7 January 1916. His estate was valued at £440.9
Child of Elizabeth Sarah Sackett and Charles Edward Gladstone King
- Minnie Sophia King b. c 1902
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1868. Sackett, Elizabeth Sarah. Mother: Buckingham. Bermondsey. 1d:64."
- Baptisms Register, Christ Church, Bermondsey, Surrey (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "3 May 1868 Elizabeth Sarah Sakkit, b. 25 Apr 1868, d. Vincent John & Elizabeth Sakkit, of 41 New Church Street, lighterman."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1893. Sackett, Elizabeth Sarah. St Olave. 1d:495."
- Marriages Register, St Anne, Bermondsey, Surrey (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "1 April 1893, Charles Edward Gladstone King, 26, bachelor, stock keeper, of 33 Jamaica Road, father: Henry King, cellarman; and Elizabeth Sarah Sackett, 25, spinster, of 33 Jamaica Road, father: Vincent John Sackett, lighterman. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Vincent John Sackett, Richard Henry Farrow."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/634/f20
4 Napoleon St., Bermondsey, Surrey
Vincent J Sackett, head, married, 24, lighterman, b. Horsleydown, Surrey
Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 21, b. Bermondsey
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 3, b. Bermondsey.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341126, PRO RG11/0557/57/28
2 Church Row, Southwark St John Horsleydown, Surrey
Vincent Sackett, head, married, 34, b. Horsley Down, Surrey, lighterman
Elizth. Sackett, wife, 31, b. Bermondsey, Surrey
Elizth. Sackett, dau, 13, b. Bermondsey.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 314/106v
74 Prusom Street, St George in the East, London
Charles King, head, married, 34, [poor-?] house keeper, own account, b. Bermondsey, London
Elizabeth King, wife, 33, at home, b. Bermondsey
Elizabeth Sackett, mother-in-law, married, 51, b. Bermondsey.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 54 Yalding Rd, Bermondsey, London
Vincent John Sackett, head, 64, widower, ["m. 44y, 1 ch, living" struck through], lighterman, worker, b. Bermondsey
Elizabeth Sarah King, dau, 43, married, m. 18y, b. Bermondsey
Minnie Sophia King, gdau, 8, b. St George's in the East, London.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Vincent John of 42 Strathnairn-street Bermondsey Surrey died 30 November 1915 Probate London 7 January 1916 to Elizabeth Sarah King (wife of Charles Edward Gladstone King). Effects £440."
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Nov 2016|