Edward Henry Sackett
|Father||John Ashby Sackett (1856-)|
|Mother||Sarah Ann Strood (c 1855-1881)|
In 1881 Edward was living at 3 James Terrace, Folkestone, KentG, in the household of his parents John and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Edward H Sackett, aged four and born in Ramsgate, Kent.8
In 1891 he was living at Cottage Homes for Elham Union, Cheriton, KentG, and was recorded as Edward Sackett, inmate, aged 14, and born in Folkestone [actually Ramsgate]. Also in the home were his brothers, Arthur and Harry, and sister, Clara.9
Edward left a will which was proved on 21 May 1958 by his widow Sarah. His estate was valued at £759.10
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1876. Sackett, Edward Henry. Mother: Strood. Thanet. 2a:882."
- 1881 England census.
- Baptisms Register, Folkestone, Kent, "2 February 1880 Edward Henry s. John Ashby & Sarah Ann Sackett, 60 Fenchurch Street, painter."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Jun qtr 1958. Sackett, Edward H, 82. Pancras."
- Probate record.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1915. Sackett, Edward H. Spouse: Foster. Edmonton. 3a:1780."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1915. Foster, Sarah E. Spouse: Sackett. Edmonton. 3a:1780."
- 1881 England census
FHL 1341239, PRO RG11/1008/111/73
3 James Terrace
John A Sackett, head, married, 25, b. St Pancras, Middlesex, painter
Sarah A Sackett, wife, 25, b. Canterbury, Kent
Edward H Sackett, son, 4, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Arthur J Sackett, son, 3, b. Folkestone, Kent
Edith A Sackett, dau, 1, b. Folkestone.
- 1891 England census
Cottage Homes for Elham Union, Cheriton, Kent
Arthur Sackett, inmate, 12, b. Folkestone, Kent
Edward Sackett, inmate, 14, b. Folkestone
Harry Sackett, inmate, 6, b. Folkestone
Clara Sackett, inmate, 5, b. Folkestone.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995" (Ancestry image), "Sackett Edward Henry of 134 Nelson Road Hornsey London N8 died 5 April 1958 at Whittington Hospital Highgate Wing St Pancras London Probate London 21 May to Sarah Elizabeth Sackett widow. Effects £759 0s. 5d."
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||13 Nov 2016|