Catherine Laura Sackett
|Father||William Smith Sackett (1880-1965)|
|Mother||Laura Catherine McKenna (c 1883-before 1928)|
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Catherine was living at 54 High Street, Goole, YorkshireG. She was a school teacher.5
Notes & Citations
- Register of Births, Guernsey (Guernsey Greffe, Royal Court House), 186/18, "11 January 1907 Catherine Laura d. William Smith Sackett & Laura Catherine McKenna, b. at 2 St Stephen's Place, St Jacques. Father's occupation: jardinier."
- Letter from Gwen Long, to Chris Sackett, dated unknown date , Telephone 1 Feb 2004. Gwen Long, goddaughter of Catherine Sackett.
- Hull Daily Mail (Yorkshire), digital image, iannounce (http://www.thisisannouncements.co.uk/), 30 January 2004, "Obituary. Sackett.— Catherine (Cath). Of Beverley, in Hull Royal Infirmary on 23rd January 2004 shortly after celebrating her 97th birthday. Friend of many and a dedicated supporter of Girl Guiding, The Red Cross, and many other charities. Service of Thanksgiving will be held after a private cremation on Wednesday 4th February at 10.45 am at Toll Gavel Methodist Church, Beverley."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Jan 2004. Sackett, Catherine Laura, b. 11 Jan 1907. Hull. 550/1:B79A:227:104."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Hotchin household, 54 High Street, Goole R D, Yorkshire (West Riding): Thomas H Hotchin, b. 1887, married, master tailor; Maud Hotchin, b. 1883, married, unpaid domestic duties; Catherine L Sackett, b. 11 Jan 1907, single, school teacher.
|Sackett line||9th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Descendants of Jabez Sackett|
|Last Edited||14 Mar 2016|