|Father||William Sackett (1593/94-1679)|
|Mother||Ellen Sampson (c 1600-1659)|
John made his will on 29 May 1681 St Lawrence in ThanetG, naming as sole beneficiary his wife Mary. She was appointed executrix and was left his tenements, land, and all his goods and chattels.3 The will was proved in the Archdeaconry Court of CanterburyG on 1 September 1681.
John's widow Mary made her will in St Lawrence in ThanetG on 18 April 1683, naming as beneficiaries her daughters Mary, Hester, Elizabeth and Martha.5
Date: 29 May 1681.
Proved: Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 1 September 1681.
Source: Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-75-329.
Testator: John Sackett, yeoman, St Lawrence in Thanet.
Beneficiary: wife Mary, tenements, land, all goods & chattels.
Executrix: wife Mary.
Witnesses: Auguster Hilley, George Witherden, John Evers.
Date: 18 April 1683.
Proved: Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 24 April 1684.
Source: Tyler Collection, Kent wills, PRC 17-76-182.
Testatrix: Mary Sackett, widow, of St Lawrence in Thanet, Kent.
Martin Long & wife Anne & heirs of Anne, northernmost end of my house in Ramsgate in which Martin Long now lives adjoining the lands of heirs of William Spenner, paying to my daughters Mary, Hester, & Elizabeth £20.
Daughters, Mary, Hester, Elizabeth, southernmost end of my house with barns, stables, etc. which I now use, for 5 years. All goods & chattels, equally.
Daughters, Martha, Mary, Hester, Elizabeth, after 5 years to have equally the southernmost end of the house, barns, etc.
Executrixes: Daughters, Mary, Hester, Elizabeth.
Witnesses: Alexander Long, elder; Mary Smith; John Evers, sen.
Children of John Sackett and Mary ___
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of William Sackett of St John in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter's Church, Thanet, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "1 March 1621/22 John s. William Sackett."
- Burials Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts; Society of Genealogists), "4 June 1681 Jo Sackett."
- Will of John Sackett of St Lawrence in Thanet, Kent, 29 May 1681, proved at Canterbury Archdeaconry Court, 1 September 1681 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-75-329).
- Burials Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts; Society of Genealogists), "13 June 1683 Mary widow Sackett."
- Will of Mary Sackett of Ramsgate, St Lawrence, Kent, 18 April 1683, proved at Canterbury Archdeaconry Court, 24 April 1684 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-76-182).
|Last Edited||20 September 2019|