Edwin Kissam Sackett
|Father||Samuel Sackett (1765-1822)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Kissam (1766-1816)|
Edwin was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Brooklyn, New York CityG, on 23 February 1822. He was to receive an annual income of up to $250 to be administered in trust by the executors of the will, who included his three younger siblings. This provision and the fact that he was not named with his siblings as an executor suggest that Edwin suffered a disabilty and was not able to manage his own affairs.5
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "775. Edward K. Sackett."
- Website Onondaga County, NY, USGenWeb Project (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyononda/INDEX.HTM), Pompey Center Cemetery, Town of Pompey, Onondaga County, New York, MI, "Edwin Kissen Sackett b. 9/8/1793 d. 9/16/1833."
- Website Death Notices from the New York Evening Post, 1801–1890 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), 9/26/1833. "Onondaga N Y Edwin K Sackett oldest son of Samuel of Brooklyn."
- American Antiquarian Society, "Newspaper Extractions from the Northeast, 1704–1930", digital image, Ancestry.com, Christian Intelligencer of the Reformed Dutch Church, New York, 5 Oct 1833, death, "At Onondaga, N.Y., Mr Edwin K Sackett, eldest son of the late Samuel Sackett of Brooklyn, L.I."
- "New York, Wills and Probate Records, 1659–1999", digital image, Ancestry.com.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 6095|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||29 Dec 2021|