|Father||Thomas Sackett (1766-1817)|
|Mother||Rachel Baker (-1809)|
In 1841 Jane was living at Crouch Street, St Mary at the Walls, Colchester, EssexG, in the household of her brother-in-law Jeremiah Haddock (brother of her late husband James), and was recorded in the census as Jane Haddock, aged 35 and born in Essex. Living with her were her son James, 19, and daughter Jane Emily, aged 15.3
In 1851 she was living at First Tower, St Helier, JerseyG, a visitor in the household of Josias M Wilkins, a retired surgeon, and was recorded as Jane Haddock, a widow, aged 50 and born in England. Also in the household were Josias's two unmarried daughters, Louisa, 52, and Sarah, 46, and a female servant. This house was next-door to that of Jane's son, James.4
In 1861 Jane was living at West Stockwell Street, St Martin's, Colchester, EssexG, in the household of her brother-in-law Jeremiah Haddock, a banker, and was recorded in the census as Jane Haddock, a widow, aged 61 and born in Finchley, Essex. Living with her were her unmarried children William, 37, and Jane, 35. Also in the household were a female cook and a housemaid.5
Jane's husband James was one of the signatories to a petition to the King to spare the life of Jane's brother, Thomas Baker Sackett, following his conviction for robbery in 1827.
Children of Jane Sackett and James Haddock
|Sackett line||Great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptism, Hornchurch, Essex (IGI), "August 1798 Jane Sacket d. Thomas Sacket."
- Marriages Register, St Mary the Virgin, Colchester, Essex, database, FamilySearch, "23 July 1820 James Haddock & Jane Sackett."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, class HO107, piece 344, book 11, civil parish St Mary At The Walls, Essex; folio 20, p3, GSU roll 241380,
"Crouch Street, St Mary at the Walls, Colchester, Essex
Jeremh Haddock, 45, ind, b. not Essex
James H Haddock, 19, medical student, b. Essex
Jane Haddock, 35, b. Essex
Jane Emily Haddock, 15, b. Essex."
- 1851 Channel Islands census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 2527, folio 898, p15, GSU roll 105976-105977,
"First Tower, St Helier, Jersey
Josias M Wilkins, widower, head, 81?, retired surgeon, b. England
Louisa Wilkins, dau, unm, 52, b. England
Sarah E Wilkins, dau, unm, 46, b. England
Jane Haddock, visitor, widow, 50, b. England
Esther Dorey, serv, unm, 20, b. Jersey."
- 1861 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG9, piece 1099, folio 149A, p11, GSU roll 542753,
"West Stockwell Street, St Martin's, Colchester, Essex
Jeremiah Haddock, head, unm, 68, banker, b. Norfolk, Burnham
Jane Haddock, widow, 61, b. Essex, Finchley
William Haddock, unm, 37, bankers' clerk, b. Essex, Colchester
Jane E Haddock, unm, 35, no [mat.?] occup [written in different hand], b. Essex, Colchester
Mary A Naylor, unm, 21, cook, b. Essex, Little Tey
Eliza Willam, unm, 22, housemaid, b. Essex, Boxted."
|Last Edited||24 November 2013|