|Father||Henry Sackett (1745-1815)|
|Mother||Ann Terry (1746-)|
Ann was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made in Kennington Green, Lambeth, SurreyG, on 15 June 1807. She was left, equally with her brother John Henry and sister Mary, a sum of £2,000, together with the proceeds from the sale of all real estate, and the residue of her father's personal estate after other bequests.4
Ann was named as a beneficiary in her uncle Ambrose Sackett's will made in St John in ThanetG on 6 February 1808. She was left an amount of £500 in Government stocks.5
Children of Ann Sackett and John Preston
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Mary Rotherhithe, Surrey, "14 July 1771 Ann Sackett d. Henry & Ann, 30 days, b. 14 June."
- Marriage Licences, Diocese of Winchester (London Metropolitan Archives), "14 January 1791 John Preston, 21+, of St Mary Rotherhithe, & Ann Sackett, 19, of St Mary Magdalen Bermondsey, with consent of father Henry Sackett. Bondsmen: John Preston & Henry Sackett of St Mary Rotherhithe."
- Marriages Register, St Mary Bermondsey, Surrey (Marion Sackett transcripts), "18 January 1791 John Preston, bachelor, of St Mary Rotherhithe & Ann Sackett, spinster, a minor, of this parish (lic)."
- Will of Henry Sackett of Kennington Green, Lambeth, Surrey, 15 June 1807, proved at Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 13 April 1815 (National Archives, PRO PROB 11/??).
- Will of Ambrose Sackett of St John, Margate, Isle of Thanet, Kent, 6 February 1808, proved at Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 11 October 1813 (National Archives, PRO PROB 11/??).
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||27 Oct 2022|