|Father||Captain Adnah Sacket (1745-1813)|
|Mother||Jerusha Pomeroy (1746/47-1789)|
Lydia Sackett, daughter of Captain Adnah Sacket and Jerusha Pomeroy, was born probably in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, in about 1775.1,2 She died aged 68 in Turin, Lewis County, New York StateG, on 22 August 18433 and was buried at Houseville Cemetery, TurinG.4 She married in WestfieldG in about August 1794, Walter Bush, son of Zachariah Bush and Mary Falley.1,3,5,6,7 Walter was born in WestfieldG on 5 July 1775.3 He died aged 65 in TurinG on 2 March 18413 and was buried at Houseville CemeteryG.4
Children of Lydia Sackett and Walter Bush
- Isaac W Bush+ b. 8 Nov 1803, d. 7 Mar 1853
- Caroline Bush b. 1812, d. 11 Aug 1844
- Charlotte L Bush b. 4 May 1819, d. Nov 1910
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "577. Lydia Sacket, m. Walter Bush."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register (Boston: NEHGS), vol. 108 (1954): 46, "Richard Falle-Falley and Some of His Descendants.
Walter [Bush, s. Zachariah & Mary (Falle) Bush], b. [Westfield] 5 July 1775; d. in Turin twp., Lewis Co., 2 March 1841, "aged 66" ("History of Lewis Co. N.Y.", Hough, 1860, p.211); m. in Westfield Lydia Sackett ("Westfield Marriages, 1670–1850", p. 11), bapt. 20 Aug 1775, d. in Lewis County, 22 Aug. 1843, "aged 69" ("History of Lewis Co., N.Y.", Hough, 1883, p. 516), dau. Daniel and Mehetable (Dewey) Sackett, Jr. ("Church of Christ, Westfield, Baptisms, 1697–1836", p. 259).
[This record incorrectly identifies Walter Bush's wife Lydia as the daughter of Daniel and Mehetable (Dewey) Sackett. Lydia was the daughter of Adnah and Jerusha (Pomeroy) Sackett.]
- Find a Grave.
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, C:179, "Lydia Sacket, m. Walter Bush, August 10, 1794."
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Marriage Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Walter Bush (Boosh) of W. and Lydia Sacket of W; m. [date blank]."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988" (Ancestry image), "Intentions 10 Aug 1794, Walter Bush of Westfield and Lydia Sacket of Westfield."
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Martin James Sackett & Susan E Bush relationship chart
|Last Edited||20 Mar 2023|