|Father||Moses Sacket (1743-1813)|
|Mother||Eunice Cadwell (1749-1842)|
Israel was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in WestfieldG on 17 April 1812. He was to receive an amount of $800.10
Israel was listed in the census in 1830 and 1840 as a householder in WestfieldG.11,12
Israel made his will in WestfieldG on 8 April 1844. After providing for his wife Lucy's one-third dower, he left his estate to his sons Francis and Charles, conditional on their paying one-third of the value of the real estate to their sisters Harriet and Mary. The sisters' third was to be split two-to-one in favor of the younger daughter Mary. At the time of making his will, Israel's children were not yet of age. He appointed David Moseley, executor of his will, as guardian of his sons, while Israel's wife Lucy was to be guardian of their daughters. The guardians were to supervise the payment of monies, which were due to be paid by each son within three years of reaching the age of 21.10
In 1850 Israel was living in WestfieldG and was recorded in the census as Israel Sackett, a farmer, aged 51, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Lucy, aged 50, and born in Massachusetts, and children, Harriet, 26, Francis, 25, Charles, 21, and Mary, aged ten. Also in the household was Lucinda Randall, 17.13
In 1870 Israel's widow Lucy was living in WestfieldG in the household of her son Charles, and was recorded in the census as Lucy Sackett, aged 69, and born in Massachusetts.14
Date: 8 Apr 1844.
Probate: 1st Tue Jul 1851.
Wife Lucy, one-third of real estate during lifetime, all household goods, my buggee, & the old Durham cow.
Sons Francis & Charles, residue of real & personal estate, subject to paying daus Harriet & Mary one-third of value of real estate in proportions of 2 parts to Mary, 1 part to Harriet, the value of wife's third not to be paid to daus until after wife's death. Amounts payable by sons to be paid by each within 3 years of reaching age 21.
Executor: David Mosely, & guardian of sons. Wife Lucy to be guardian of daus.
Witnesses: Selah Chandler, Enoch Sacket, Norman T Leonard.
506. Israel Sacket, 1786–18__, of Westfield, Mass., son of (169) Moses and Eunice Cadwell Sacket, was married to Lucy Doane, 1799–___, daughter of Bethuel Doane and his wife Lucy Greene, of Springfield, Mass.
1131. Charles Sacket.
1132. Harriet Sacket, m. Simeon Southworth.
1133. Mary Sacket, m. Henry Plumpton.
Children of Israel Sacket and Lucy Doane
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "506. Israel Sacket, m. Lucy Doane."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:175.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Birth and Death Records (Dougherty abstracts)", database, American Ancestors, "Sacket, Israel, s. Mosses & Eunice Cadwell, b. Sept. 6, 1792."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:rear.
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, v57, p227, death, "1851 May 20, Israel Sackett, 57, at Westfield, married, farmer, b. Westfield, s. Moses & Eunice, fever."
- Website Find a Grave.
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, West Springfield marriages, "Sacket, Israel of Westfield [int. W.S.] and Lucy Doane of W.S., "in the course of last year" [rec. 25 Apr 1821, int. 30 Sep 1820]."
- Birthplace from dau Harriet's death record.
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910", digital image, American Ancestors, v230, p46, Death, "1870 Dec 12, Lucy Sackett (Doan), female, w[idow], 70, pneumonia, at Westfield, b. West Springfield, d. of B, b. West Springfield, & Lucy, b. So Hadley."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991", digital image, Ancestry.com.
- 1830 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Israel Sackett, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
- 1840 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Israel Sacket, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, M432_318/221
Westfield, Hampden County, MA
Israel Sackett, 51, farmer, b. MA
Lucy Sackett, 50, b. MA
Harriet Sackett, 26, b. MA
Francis Sackett, 25, whips, b. MA
Charles Sackett, 21, farmer, b. MA
Mary Sackett, 10, b. MA
Lucinda Randall, 17, b. MA.
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_619/420
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackett, Charles, 41, farmer, $2,000, $500, b. Mass
Sackett, Lucy, 69, keeping house, $-, $400, b. Mass
Sackett, Harriett, 44, no occupation, $-, $600, b. Mass
Sackett, Mary ann or Mary am, 39, keeping house, $-, $1,000, b. England
Sackett, Emma, 12, attending school, b. Mass
Noble, Daniel, 45, farm laborer, b. Mass
Sackett, Frances, 43, female, farmer, b. Mass.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 1076|
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||4 Dec 2021|