|Father||Ozem Sacket (1736/37-1801)|
|Mother||Mercy Weller (c 1745-1812)|
Warham was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made at WestfieldG on 26 June 1799. He was left a sum of $168.
Warham was listed in the 1800 census as a householder in ChesterG.12
He was listed in the census in 1810, 1820, 1830, and 1840 as a householder in WestfieldG.13,14,15,16
Warham was named as a beneficiary in his brother Ozem's will made in WestfieldG on 13 March 1846. He was to receive a share calculated in the proportion of $500 of the estimated $2,300 total land value.17
In 1850 Warham was living in WestfieldG and was recorded in the census as Warham Sacket, a farmer, aged 72 [actually 75], and born in Massachusetts. Living with him was his wife Eunice, aged 71.18
Warham made his will in WestfieldG on 28 July 1853. He left the use of one-third of his real estate, together with his horse, pasture for a cow, farming tools, and household furniture, to his wife Eunice during her lifetime. He had apparently already conveyed his real estate to his son Warham and daughter Harriet Dewey, subject presumably to the widow's third. After his wife's death, the household furniture was to go to their granddaughters, Eugenia and Julia Whipple. The will was proved on 27 September 1853.17
In 1860 Warham's widow Eunice was living in WestfieldG and was listed in the census as Eunice Sacket, aged 81.19
Date: 28 Jul 1853.
Proved: Westfield, Hampden County, 27 Sep 1853.
Wife Eunice, use during lifetime of one-third of real estate conveyed to Harriet Dewey & son Warham, also the school lot, the 1½ acre wood lot & cow pasture enough for one cow, one-third of Mill pond lot. Also my horse, ploughs & farming tools, all household furniture during her lifetime.
Granddaus Eugenia Whipple & Julia Josephine Whipple, all household furniture after wife's death.
Executor: Amos Halliday.
Witnesses: Edw B Gillett, William Phelps, Harriet Burt.
Inventory of estate of Warham Sacket, dated 3 Dec 1853.
Household furniture total $109.24, incl. bed & bedding $51.00; farming utensils $32.87, incl. 1 wagon $15.00; crops $28.25, incl. 2 tons of hay $20.00; stock $53.00, comprising 1 cow $18.00, 1 hog $18.00, & 1 horse $17.00; wearing apparel $44.00.
494. Warham Sacket, 17__–18__, of Westfield, Mass., son of (166) Ozem and Mercy Weller Sacket, was married to Eunice Foote.
(Src: Find a Grave, Deb Curry)
Children of Warham Sackett and Eunice Foote
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "494. Warham Sacket, m. Eunice Foot."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:89.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Warham, s. Ozem & Mercy Wellar, b. Nov. 4, 1774."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Death, Warham Sackett, d. Westfield, 27 Aug 1853, aged 78-8-21, married, farmer, b. Westfield, father Owen Sackett, cancer."
- Gravestone has 26 Aug.
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910", digital image, American Ancestors, v75, p227, death, "1853 Aug 27, Warham Sacket, 78-8-21, at Westfield, married, farmer, b. Westfield, s. Ozem Sacket, cancer."
- Website Find a Grave.
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1620–1850", digital image, American Ancestors, Chester marriages, "Sacket, Warham and Eunice Foot, 30 May 1799."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Compiled Birth, Marriage, and Death Records, 1700-1850", digital image, Ancestry.com, Chester births, "Foot, Eunice, d. Sergt. [dup. omits Sergt.] William and Ruth, 8 Nov 1778."
- Foote Family: Comprising the Genealogy and History of Nathaniel Foote of Wethersfield, Connecticut, digital image, Ancestry.com.
- "Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910", digital image, American Ancestors, v157, p47, death, "1862 Oct 26, Eunice Sackett, female, widow, 83-11, billious cholic, at Westfield, b. Chester, [parents blank]."
- 1800 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Warham Sacket, Chester, Hampshire County, Massachusetts."
- 1810 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Warham Sacket, Westfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts."
- 1820 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Warham Sacket, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
- 1830 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Wareham Sackett, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
- 1840 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Warham Sacket, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991", digital image, Ancestry.com.
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, M432_318/193
Westfield, Hampden County, MA
Warham Sacket, 72, male, farmer, b. MA
Eunice Sacket, 71, b. MA.
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page 817, FHL film
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sacket, Eunice, 81, personal estate $100, b. MA.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 725|
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||4 Dec 2021|