|Father||Seth Sacket (1724/25-)|
|Mother||Elisabeth Winchel (say 1730-)|
Gordon made his will at Palmer, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, on 9 January 1828. After setting aside a "widow's third" for his wife Hannah, he left sums of money to each of his eleven children and appointed his fourth son, John, as executor, instructing him to sell the remaining real estate to meet the bequests. The will was proved in March 1838.
Date: 9 Jan 1828.
Proved: Springfield, Hampden, MA, Mar 1838.
Wife Hannah, note against John Sedgwick for $45.08 + interest, bed & bedding, her gold necklace. Use of one-third of real estate in Palmer, $40 pa, household furniture.
Oldest son Aaron, $500 less notes held against him.
Second son Martin, $500 less notes held against him.
Third son Joseph, $500 less notes held against him, incl. note for $300.
Fourth son John, $500 less notes held against him.
Fifth son Harvey, $500 less notes held against him.
Oldest daughter Betty Barrett wife of Moses Barrett, $250, 18 months after my decease.
Second daughter Hannah Whitney wife of Jonathan Whitney, $400, less note for $90, 18 months after my decease.
Third daughter Martha Sedgwick, $400.
Fourth daughter Sally Webber wife of Jonathan Webber, $400.
Fifth daughter Anne Chapman wife of Jacob Chapman, $400.
Sixth daughter Polly Merrick wife of Alanson Merrick, $400 less notes held against her.
Residue to all children in ratios 2 to each son and 1 to each daughter.
Sole executor: Fourth son John. To sell all real estate to benefit of heirs.
Witnesses: Wilson Foster, Keyes Foster, Bela Hicks.
(Src: Find a Grave, Andi Bergeron)
Children of Hannah Sacket and Gordon Sedgwick
- Hannah Sedgwick b. 28 Oct 1770, d. 3 Nov 1770
- Aaron Sedgwick b. 27 Apr 1772
- Martin Sedgwick b. 19 Mar 1774
- Betty Sedgwick b. 2 Aug 1778
- Deborah Sedgwick b. 25 Jan 1780
- Hannah Sedgwick b. 5 Apr 1782
- Joseph Sedgwick b. 22 Apr 1784
- Martha Sedgwick b. 17 Feb 1786
- John Sedgwick b. 1 Dec 1788
- Sally Sedgwick b. 25 Jan 1791
- Anne Sedgwick b. 4 Jun 1793
- Polly Sedgwick b. 22 Jun 1795
- Harvey Sedgwick b. 7 Jan 1799
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:2.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Hannah, d. Seth & Elizabeth (Winchel) b. Mar. 4, 1754/5."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "475. Hannah Sacket, b. Mar. 4, 1755."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1755 Sacket, Hannah d. Seth & Elizabeth, Aug. 3."
- Website Find a Grave.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Gorden Sedgwick of W. and Hannah Sacket of W; m. Mar. 10, 1770."
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, Lineage Book, digital image, Ancestry.com, v96, 1912, "4. Gordon Sedgwick (1748-1838) m. 1770 Hannah Sackett (b. 1751). 5. Samuel Sedgwick m. 1st 1747 Debprah Higgins (b. 1730)."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 169|
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||14 Nov 2021|