|Father||James Sackett (1722-1784)|
William Laight was a merchant and director of the British Bank of US in New York City.
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "304. Frances Sackett, m. Nov. 2, 1772, William Laight."
- "New York, Death Newspaper Extracts, 1801–1890 (Barber Collection)", database, Ancestry.com, New York Evening Post, 15 Mar 1827, "Yesterday Mrs. Francis Laight wid. of Wm."
- Website Find A Grave.
- Website Brooklyn Genealogy, Marriage Index New York 1600s–1900. (Steve Morse), "1772, New York City, Sacket, Francis & Laight, William."
- New York State, Names of persons for whom marriage licenses were issued by the secretary of the province of New York, previous to 1784., Albany, Weed, Parsons & Co (1860), digital image, (https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/009586797), "1772, Nov. 2. Sackett, Frances, and William Laight. XIX, 29."
- "New York, Death Newspaper Extracts, 1801–1890 (Barber Collection)", database, Ancestry.com, New York Evening Post, 3 Apr 1802, "Yesterday afternoon, William Laight, Esq., merchant and director of the British Bank of U.S. in this City."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 6087|
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||14 May 2020|