|Father||Captain & Deacon Samuel Sackett (1702/3-1781)|
|Mother||Lydia Heaton (1717-1749)|
Children of Elisabeth Sackett and Joel Blakeslee
- Zerah Blakeslee b. 26 Aug 1763, d. 22 Oct 1776
- Sackett Blakeslee b. 15 Apr 1766, d. 23 Oct 1776
- Lydia Blakeslee b. 2 Jul 1768, d. 22 Jul 1863
- Mabel Blakeslee b. 1771, d. 27 Sep 1773
- Levi Blakeslee b. 1774, d. 13 Apr 1828
- Mabel Blakeslee b. c 1778, d. 18 Dec 1853
- Bede Blakeslee+ b. 1780, d. 28 Mar 1842
- Zerah Blakeslee b. 1780, d. 18 Dec 1861
- Sackett Blakeslee b. c 1784, d. 22 Dec 1841
- Betsey Blakeslee b. c 1787, d. 12 Jul 1856
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records, New Haven, Connecticut, 243, "Elisabeth the Daughter of Capt Samuel Sackitt was born the 24th day of April 1745."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackitt, Elisabeth, d. Capt. Samuel, b. Apr. 24, 1745. New Haven Vital Records, 1:536."
- Families of Ancient New Haven, Vol. VII, Families of Ancient New Haven, Sackett ,.
- NoHT1 ,.
- Vital Records, New Haven, Connecticut, p409 "Joel Blackslee and Elisabeth Sacket of New Haven were Joyned in Marriage May 3rd 1762 by Saml Sacket Jus Peace."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sacket, Elisabeth, m. Joel Blackslee, May 3, 1762, by Saml. Sacket, JP. New Haven Vital Records, 2:160."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, Weygant's record for Elisabeth shows a marriage to ___ Decker. Another record for such a marriage has not been found and the Decker reference would appear to be in error.
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, NEHGS, Boston, vol. 56 (1902): 286, Samuel Blakesley and his Descendants, "Joel [Blakesley] (2d), [s. Abraham Blakesley & Elizabeth Cooper], b. [New Haven] June 30, 1739; m. May 3, 1762, Martha Sacket of New Haven." [New Haven records show that it was Elisabeth, not Martha, Sackett who married Joel Blakeslee]
- NoHT2 ,.
|Sackett line||Great-granddaughter of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Last Edited||22 June 2008|