|Father||Captain & Deacon Samuel Sackett (1702/3-1781)|
|Mother||Elisabeth Todd (c 1709-1737)|
Weygant, The Sacketts of America, states that Sarah married Samuel Moulthrop. A record for this has not been found. It would appear to be in error as Sarah was 22 when she married Dan Barnes and she predeceased him.8
Children of Sarah Sackett and Daniel Barnes
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records, New Haven, Connecticut, 172, "Sarah the Daughter of Samll Sackitt was Born the 4th day of April 1730."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackitt, Sarah, d. Sam[ue]ll, b. Apr. 9, 1730. New Haven Vital Records, 1:361."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "251. Sarah Sackett, b. Apr. 9, 1730; m. Samuel Moulthrop."
- Donald Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven (Online database. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2008), p1583–8, "Sarah [Sackett, d. Samuel & Elizabeth (Todd) Sackett], b 9 Apr 1730 NHV, d 19 May 1801 æ. 72 NoHT2; m 25 June 1752 NHV—Dan Barnes."
- Vital Records, New Haven, Connecticut, 323, "Dan Barns & Sarah Sackett of New Haven were Joyned in Marriage unto each other June 25th: 1752 by the Revd Mr Isaac Stiles Minister."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sacket, Sarah, m. Dan Barns, June 25, 1752, by Rev. Isaac Stiles. New Haven Vital Records, 1:77."
- Website Find A Grave.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, Weygant records a marriage of Sarah Sackett to Samuel Moulthrop. This is not found in the New Haven Vital Records. A marriage between Sarah Barnes, b. 1689, and Samuel Moulthrop, b. 1679, is found in Genealogies of Connecticut Families, 1:410, and there may have been confusion with this marriage.
- Email from Dean Roe to Sackett Discussion List, 26 February 2004.
|Sackett line||Great-granddaughter of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
|Last Edited||30 Dec 2019|