|Father||Captain John Sackett (1697-1753)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Mockett (c 1704-1797)|
Mary was named as a beneficiary in her mother's will made in MargateG on 20 April 1754.5 She was to share the residue of the estate equally with her sister Elizabeth after Elizabeth had received an additional £50 to compensate for Mary having been "better advanced and provided for" by their father John. The estate included assets in Antigua.
Mary was named as a beneficiary in the will of her unmarried sister Elizabeth Sackett, made in MargateG, on 9 May 1797. She was to inherit Elizabeth's tenement in Margate and was also to receive the residue of the estate after bequests to Elizabeth's nieces Mary Swan and Mary Wynn.6
Child of Mary Sackett and John Wynn
- Mary Wynn b. say 1750, d. after 1797
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "28 December 1729 Mary d. John & Elizabeth Sackette."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "13 Jul 1804, Mary Wynn, 75."
- Marriage Licence Allegations, Vicar-General's Office (Society of Genealogists), "11 October 1749 John Wynn, bachelor, 22+, of St John, Wapping, Middlesex, & Mary Sackett, spinster, 20, of Margate, Kent, daughter of John Sackett, mariner; at Trinity Minories, London; or St John, Wapping, Middlesex; or Woodford, Essex."
- Marriages Register, Holy Trinity Minories (digital image, Ancestry.com), 12 Oct 1749 John Wynn Br to Mary Sachett Spr."
- Will of Elizabeth Sackett of Margate, Isle of Thanet, Kent, 20 April 1754, proved at Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 29 March 1797 (National Archives, PROB 11/1288 quire 205).
- Will of Elizabeth Sackett of Margate, Isle of Thanet, Kent, 9 May 1797, proved at Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 7 October 1797 (National Archives, PROB 11/1298 quire 713).
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of William Sackett of St John in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
|Last Edited||22 Apr 2021|