|Father||Captain Joseph Sackett (1655/56-1719)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Betts (c 1660-between 1700 & 1710)|
Abigail was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made in Newtown, Queens CountyG, on 20 September 1719. She was to inherit, jointly with her siblings, all her father's land and meadows at Hopewell and Maidenhead in New Jersey.
Children of Abigail Sackett and John Alsop
- Ephemia Alsop
- Frances Alsop
- John Alsop b. after 1699, d. 22 Nov 1794
- Richard Alsop b. c 1726, d. 10 Apr 1776
29. Abigail Sackett, 1695–1752, daughter of (7) Capt. Joseph and Elisabeth Betts Sackett, was married in December, 1718, to John Alsop, son of Capt. Richard Alsop, who it is claimed is a lineal descendant of the Richard Alsop who was Lord Mayor of London in 1579. John Alsop was by profession a lawyer, and a short time after his marriage to Abigail Sackett, whose brother (23) Joseph had married his sister Hannah, located at New Windsor, Orange County, N. Y., where he was largely interested in real estate. A few years later he removed to New York City and there practiced his profession for many years.
132. Frances Alsop, d. unmarried.
133. John Alsop, b. ___, d. Nov. 22, 1794; m. Mary Fragot.
134. Richard Alsop, b. in year 1726, d. Apr. 10, 1776; m. Mary Wright.
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "29. Abigail Sackett, b. in 1695, d. Dec. 8, 1751; m. John Alsop."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, Weygant gave date of death as 1751 on p23, 1752 on p38.
- "New York City, Marriages, 1600s–1800s" (Ancestry transcript), "1718, Elmhurst, Queens County, Abigail Sackett & John Alsop."
- "New York, Marriages, 1686–1980" (FamilySearch transcript), "Dec 1718, Prebyterian Church, Newtown, Queens, New York, John Alsop & Abigail Sackett."
- Stuyvesant Fish, Ancestors of Hamilton Fish and Julia Ursin Niemcewicz Kean, His Wife ((Online image. WorldVitalRecords. From the Quintin Publications Collection), 1929), p. 85, "Children of Richard Alsop and Hannah Underhill were:
3. John, born 1697; married December 1718 Abigail Sackett, daughter of Joseph Sackett. He died April 8, 1761. She died Dec. 8, 1752, aged 57."
|Sackett line||3rd great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||2 Jan 2020|