Hugh William Sackett
|Father||Alexander Arthur Sackett (1880-1965)|
|Mother||Della Mae Burchinal (1891-1965)|
In 1910 Hugh was living in SpringhillG in the household of his parents Alexander and Della, and was recorded in the census as Hugh W Sacket, aged one and born in Pennsylvania.8
In 1920 he was living in SpringhillG in the household of his parents Alexander and Della, and was recorded as Hugh Sacket, aged eleven.9
Hugh completed a World War II draft registration card on 16 October 1940. He was aged 31 and was employed by the Duquesne Light Co. He was living in Greensboro, Greene County, PennsylvaniaG, with his wife Anna.10
Ann Jean Miller Is Bride Of Hugh William Sackett
The wedding of Miss Ann Jean Miller, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. D. Miller, of Smithfield, and Hugh William Sackett, son of Mr. and Mrs. A. Sackett, of Morgantown road, which was solemnized last night at 6:30 o'clock in the First Baptist church of Fairchance, was one of the loveliest June marriages.
Palms and ferns intermingled with choicest of summer flowers converted the attractive little church into Fairyland of flowers and the vows were taken before a beautifully decorated altar with Rev. H. D. Purrier officiating. Relatives and friends witnessed the ceremony.
The bride wore an embroidered chiffon of delicate blue made on dainty Princess lines with short puffed sleeves. A white turban, white shoes, long white lace gloves finished the charming ensemble. She carried a bouquet of white sweet peas and valley lilies.
A quaint and pretty maid of honor, Miss Mary Jane Miller, sister of the bride, wore blue organdie made on the same style as the bride's frock. She wore a picturesque little organdie cap tied in the back with pink ribbons and her outfit was completed with a pink sash, pink slippers and pink lace gloves. She carried a bouquet of pink and blue delphinium.
Preceding the ceremony the bride's sister-in-law. Mrs. Grant Miller, who was attractive in yellow organdie, sang "I Love You Truly," and "O, Promise Me." The wedding music was played by another sister of the bride, Miss Katherine Miller, who was dressed in the same style of pink organdie as other members of the bridal party.
The wedding supper which was served following the ceremony was marked with pretty appointments. A pink wedding bell showered satin steamers to each individual place and the bridal table was centered with a wedding cake frosted in pink and green.
Following the wedding dinner, Mr. Sackett and his bride left for a honeymoon trip through the Shenandoah valley and other interesting southern points. Future plans have not been disclosed.
—The Evening Standard, Uniontown, Pennsylvania, 29 Jun 1933, p 6.
Children of Hugh William Sackett and Anna Jane Miller
Notes & Citations
- "Pennsylvania, Birth Certificates, 1906–1913" (Ancestry image), "Sacket, Hugh William, b. Springhill, Fayette County, PA, 15 Dec 1908, father Eck Sacket, 27, b. PA, miner, mother Della Burchinal, 19, b. WV, housekeeper, 1st child."
- Find a Grave.
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Hugh William, b. Gans, Pennsylvania, 15 Dec 1908, d. 11 Mar 1988, father Alexander A Sackett, mother Della M Burchinal, claim date 14 Sep 1970. 23 Jun 1982 listed as Hugh William Sackett; 14 Sep 1970 listed as Hugh W Sacket; 24 Mar 1988 listed as Hugh W Sackett."
- "Social Security Death Index" (Ancestry transcript), "Hugh W Sackett, b. Dec 15, 1908, d. Mar 11, 1988, SSN 190-01-2975 issued PA, residence Smithfield, Pennsylvania, 15478, county Fayette."
- Death record.
- "Social Security Death Index" (Ancestry transcript), "Anna J Sackett, b. Feb 19, 1905, d. Jan 5, 1997, SSN 161-30-7912 issued PA, residence Smithfield, Pennsylvania, 15478, county Fayette."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Anna J, b. 19 Feb 1905, d. 5 Jan 1997, claim date 31 Mar 1970."
- 1910 United States census
Roll T624_1346, p 6B, Enumeration District 0075, FHL microfilm 1375359
Springhill, Fayette, Pennsylvania, 21 Apr 1910
Sacket, Elaxandre [sic], head, 30, m1. 2y, farmer, general farm, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA, home rented
Sacket, Della, wife, 21, m1. 2y, 1 ch, living, b. WV
Sacket, Hugh W, son, 1, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. WV.
- 1920 United States census
Roll T625_1570, p 5B, Enumeration District 92
Springhill, Fayette, Pennsylvania, 9/10 Jan 1920
Sacket, Alex, head, 40, teamster, coal mines, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA, home owned
Sacket, Della, wife, 29, b. WV, father b. WV, mother b. WV
Sacket, Hugh, son, 11, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA.
- "U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940–1947" (Ancestry image), "Serial 493, Hugh William Sackett, Greensboro, Greene, Pennsylvania, age 31, b. Gans, Pennsylvania, 15 Dec 1908, nok Mrs Anna Sackett, wife, emp Duquesne Light Co, Greensboro, race white, ht 5 10, eyes blue, wt 155, hair brown, complexion dark. Reg Greensboro, Greene, Pennsylvania, 16 Oct 1940."
|Sackett line||10th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||22 Feb 2022|