Paul Frank Sackett
|Father||Frank Hutchins Sackett (1861-1928)|
|Mother||Margaret Lois McNely (1871-1962)|
In 1900 Paul was living at Barnett Street, Weeping Water, Cass County, NebraskaG, in the household of his parents Frank and Margaret, and was recorded in the census as Paul F Sackett, aged four and born in Nebraska.10
In 1910 he was living in TallmadgeG in the household of his parents Frank and Margaret, and was recorded as Paul F Sackett, aged 14.11
Paul completed a World War I draft registration card on 5 June 1917. He was aged 21 and was a salesman for H S Rivitz Company. He was living at 540 East Buchtel, Akron, Summit County, OhioG, and was unmarried.12 He subsequently served in the US Army from 7 November 1917 to 13 March 1919. After a few months in the 332nd Infantry Regiment, he was employed in the Mechanical Repair Shop Unit at El Paso, Texas, from January 1918 until discharge. He was promoted Sergeant First Class on 17 September 1918.13
In 1930 he was living at Pettigru Street, Greenville, South CarolinaG, and was recorded as Paul F Sackett, manager of a plumbing supplies business, head of household, aged 34. He rented his home. Living with him were his wife Elise, 25, and their children, Margaret, 9, Julianne, 7, and Jean, aged two. There was also a female servant in the household.14
Paul F. Sackett
Spartanburg — Paul F. Sackett, 68, of 163 Overbrook Circle, died at a local hospital late Saturday night after a long illness.
A native of Talmadge, Ohio, he was a son of the late Frank H. and Margaret McNeely Sackett. He was a member of First Presbyterian Church, a Mason, and a Kiwanian.
Surviving are his wife, Mrs Elise Meyer Sackett; three daughters, Mrs. Margaret Engley of Spartanburg, Mrs. Julianne Scruggs of Spartanburg, and Mrs. Jean Warren of Winter Park, Fla; two sisters, Mrs. Stanley Rothrock and Mrs. Clair Harrah, of Cuyahoga, Ohio; and eight grandchildren.
Funeral services will be conducted Tuesday at 4 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church by Dr. Fred Poag. Burial will be in Greenlawn Memorial Gardens. The body is at J. F. Floyd Mortuary and will be placed in the church Tuesday at 3 p.m.
—The Greenville News, Greenville, South Carolina, 26 Oct 1964, p 5.
(Src: Find A Grave, Mabel-Bill)
Children of Paul Frank Sackett and Elise M Meyer
Notes & Citations
- Email from Patricia Harrah to Chris Sackett, Apr 2021.
- Obituary has Tallmadge, Ohio. Draft registration Weeping Water, Nebraska, assumed to be correct.
- "South Carolina, Death Records, 1821–1970" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Paul F, d. Gen Hosp, Spartanburg, South Carolina, 24 Oct 1964, age 68, retired plumber, b. Ohio, res. 163 Overbrook, Spartanburg, father Frank H Sackett, mother Margaret McNeely, wife Elsie Myers Sackett, informant Mrs Elise Myers Sackett, 163 Overbrook, cause uremia due to chronic congestive heart failure, bur. Greenlawn Mem Pk, 27 Oct 1964."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Paul Sackett, b. Dec 8, 1895, d. Oct, 1964, SSN 248-05-2492 issued SC, residence unknown."
- Find a Grave.
- "Georgia, U.S., Marriage Records From Select Counties, 1828-1978" (Ancestry image), "4 Sep 1919, Fulton County, Georgia, Mr Paul F Sackett and Miss Elise Meyer. By George Pumer Merrill, MG. By license."
- Death record.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Elise Sackett, b. Jun 1, 1904, d. Apr, 1982, SSN 247-18-1594 issued SC, residence Spartanburg, South Carolina, 29301, county Spartanburg."
- 1900 United States census
Page 6, Enumeration District 0021, FHL microfilm 1240919
Barnett Street, Weeping Water, Cass, Nebraska, 8 Jun 1900
Sackett, Frank H, head, b. Sep 1861, 38, m. 7y, hardware merch, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, home owned free of mortgage
Sackett, Margaret, wife, b. May 1872, 28, b. WI, father b. OH, mother b. WI
Sackett, Paul F, son, b. Dec 1895, 4, b. NE, father b. OH, mother b. WI
Sackett, Infant, daughter, b. Apr 1899, 1, b. NE, father b. OH, mother b. WI.
- 1910 United States census
Roll T624_1234, p 5A, Enumeration District 0201, FHL microfilm 1375247
Tallmadge, Summit, Ohio, USA
Sackett, Frank H, head, 48, m. 17y, farmer, general farm, b. OH, father b. MA, mother b. VT, home owned on mortgage
Sackett, Margaret M, wife, 37, m. 17y, 2 ch, both living, b. WI, father b. OH, mother b. WI
Sackett, Paul F, son, 14, b. NE, father b. OH, mother b. WI
Sackett, Roseland E, daughter, 10, b. NE, father b. OH, mother b. WI.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918" (FamilySearch image), "4878, No. 1334, Paul F. Sackett, age 21, of 540 E. Buchtel, Akron, Ohio, b. 8 Dec. 1895, natural born, b. Weeping Water, Nebraska, salesman, H. S. Rivitz Co., Cleveland, Ohio, no dependents, single, white, no military service, ht. tall, med. build, blue eyes, dark hair, not bald, no disabilities, Reg. Precinct 2E, Akron, Ohio, 5 June 1917."
- "Ohio Soldiers, Sailors and Marines, World War, 1917–1918, official roster" (Ancestry image), "Sackett, Paul F., 1111369, white, 540 E. Buchtel, Akron, O., NA Akron, O. Nov 7/17. Br Weeping Water, Nebr. 21 11/12 yrs. Co E 332 Inf to Jan 5/18; Mec Rep Sh Unit El Paso Tex to disch. Pvt 1cl Sept 1/18; Sgt 1cl Sept 17/18. Hon disch Mch 13/19.
- 1930 United States census
Page 7B, Enumeration District 0031, FHL microfilm 2341933
Pettigru Street, Greenville, Greenville, South Carolina, 7 Apr 1930
Sackett, Paul F, head, 34, m. at 24, manager, plumbing supplies, b. NE, father b. OH, mother b. WI, home rented, $65
Sackett, Elise M, wife, 25, m. at 15, b. GA, father b. GA, mother b. GA
Sackett, Margaret, daughter, 9, b. GA, father b. NE, mother b. GA
Sackett, Julia Anne, daughter, 7, b. GA, father b. NE, mother b. GA
Sackett, Jean, daughter, 2, b. SC, father b. NE, mother b. GA
Johnson, Henrietta, servant, 22, servant, private family, b. SC, father b. SC, mother b. SC.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Descendants of Hiram Akins Sackett (1824–1895)
|Last Edited||24 May 2021|