Milton Sanford Greenman
|Father||Herman M Greenman (c 1894-)|
|Mother||Jessie Sacofsky/Sackett (1894-1981)|
In 1930 Milton was living at 47th Street, Queens, New York CityG, in the household of his parents Herman and Jessie, and was recorded in the census as Milton Greenman, aged nine and born in New York.5
In 1940 he was living at 48th Avenue, Queens County, New York StateG, and was recorded as Milton S Greenman, an errand boy, aged 19. He was living with his mother Jessie in the household of Jessie's brother and sister-in-law Harry and Gussie Sackett.6
Milton served in the US Army from 13 January 1943 to 6 February 1946.7
Notes & Citations
- Death record.
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Greenman, Milton Sanford, b. Bklyn, Kings, New York, 6 Jun 1920, d. 20 Feb 2004, father Herman Greenman, mother Jessie Sackett. Listed Jul 1937 as Milton Sanford Greenman. Listed 27 Feb 2004 as Milton S Greenman."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Milton S Greenman, b. 6 Jun 1920, d. 20 Feb 2004, last res. 11365 Flushing, Queens, New York, SSN issued New York (before 1951)."
- 1930 United States Federal Census
Roll: 1585; Page: 45B; Enumeration District: 0081; FHL microfilm: 2341320
47 St, Queens, New York City, 17 Apr 1930
Greenman, Herman, head, home rented $60 pm, 35, m. at 25, b. NY, father b. Russia, mother b. Russia, hardware, own b, veteran yes
Greenman, Jessie, wife, 34, b. Russia, father b. Russia, mother b. Russia, Jewish, immigrated 1897, naturalized
Greenman, Milton, son, 9, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. Russia.
- 1940 United States Federal Census
Roll: m-t0627-02724; Page: 8A; Enumeration District: 41-218
48 Avenue, Queens, New York, 11 Apr 1940
Sackett, Harry, head, 57, b. Russia, res. 1935 same, tailor, own store
Sackett, Gussie, wife, 53, b. Russia, res. 1935 same
Sackett, Lester, son, 28, single, b. CT, res. 1935 same, policeman, NY City
Sackett, Harold, son, 25, single, b. CT, res. 1935 same, shipping clerk, electrical
Sackett, Irving, son, 16, b. CT, res. 1935 same
Greenman, Jessie, sister, 44, married, b. Russia, res. 1935 same
Greenman, Milton S, nephew, 19, b. NY, res. 1935 same, errand boy, dry goods store.
- "US Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File" (Ancestry transcript), "Greenman, Milton, b. 6 Jun 1920, d. 20 Feb 2004, branch Army, enlisted 13 Jan 1943, released 6 Feb 1946."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 0 (American)|
|Last Edited||8 Feb 2018|