Clyde Wallace Sackett
|Father||Mark Sackett (1873-1922)|
|Mother||Estelle Vilera Hamlin (1879-)|
In 1910 Clyde was living at Kinsman Road, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OhioG, in the household of his parents Mark and Estelle, and was recorded in the census as Clyde W Sackett, aged 13 and born in Ohio.8
Clyde served in an Aero Squadron in the US Army during the First World War, enlisting on 15 October 1917 and being released on 28 March 1919.9,10
In 1920 he was living at Hilgert Drive, ClevelandG, and was recorded as Clyde Sackett, a railroad brakeman, aged 23. He was lodging in rooms with his father Mark.11
Clyde was listed in the 1921 Cleveland City Directory as an auto worker, living at 5906 Linwood Avenue, ClevelandG. In 1922 he was living with his mother Estelle at 3324 Marvin Avenue, Cleveland.12
Clyde obtained a seaman's passport at Seattle, Washington StateG, in April 1924. He served as a seaman until at least 1940, his name appearing in crew lists of ships serving the ports of New Orleans and New York.13
Clyde completed a World War II draft registration card on 27 April 1942. He was then aged 45. He was employed by Vickers Inc. and was living at 14249 Greenview, Detroit, Wayne County, MichiganG.14
Clyde and Katherine were listed in the Dearborn, Michigan, City Directory from 1948 to 1959. He was an engineer, in 1948 at Seaboard Properties, and by 1953 at Oakwood Hospital. They were living at Chicago Street, DearbornG.15
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- "Ohio, Births and Christenings Index, 1774–1973", database, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Clyde W, b. Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio, 9 Sep 1896, father Mark Sackett, mother Estelle Hamlin."
- The Hamlin Family: Genealogy of James Hamlin of Barnstable, Massachusetts, p 1090, "Estella Vilera Hamlin, b. Ridgeville, Ohio, Nov. 12, 1879; m. Elyria, Ohio, Oct. 16, 1896, [sic: 1895] Mark Sackett; railroad employee; Cleveland, Ohio; Republican; she Methodist. Ch. b. Cleveland: Clyde, Sept. 9, 1896. Theodore, Oct. 11, 1900."
- "Michigan, Death Index, 1971–1996", database, Ancestry.com, "8 Dec 1989, Clyde W Sackett, b. 9 Sep 1896, of Dearborn Heights, Wayne, Michigan, at Dearborn Heights."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "Clyde W Sackett, b. Sep 9, 1896, d. Dec 8, 1989, SSN 090-14-4317 issued NY, residence Detroit, Michigan, 48243, county Wayne."
- "Ohio, County Marriage Records, 1774–1993", digital image, FamilySearch, "1 Jun 1929, at Hamilton, Ohio, Clyde W Sackett, 32 on 9 Sep 1928, of 2909 Colerain Ave, Cleveland, OH, salesman, father Mark Sackett, mother Estelle Hanlon; to Katherine Kunze, 28 on 12 Feb 1929, of S 29 Union St, b. Germany, clerk, father Herman Kunze, mother Marie Nager. License 29 May 1929. By P Ross Perrish, Minister of the Gospel."
- Marriage record.
- "Michigan, Death Index, 1971–1996", database, Ancestry.com, "18 Mar 1987, Katherine Sackett, at Dearborn, Wayne, Michigan, res. Dearborn, b. 12 Feb 1901."
- 1910 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: T624_1171; Page: 16A; Enumeration District: 0313; FHL microfilm: 1375184
Kinsman Road SE, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, 22 Apr 1910
Sackett, Mark Jr, head, 36, m1. 14y, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA, engineer, steam RR, home rented
Sackett, Estelle, wife, 32, m1. 14y, 2 ch, both living, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Sackett, Clyde W, son, 13, b. OH, father b. PA, mother b. OH
Sackett, Theodore M, son, 9, b. OH, father b. PA, mother b. OH.
- "US Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File", database, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Clyde, b. 9 Sep 1896, d. 8 Dec 1989, Army, enlisted 15 Oct 1917, released 28 Mar 1919."
- "Ohio Soldiers, Sailors and Marines, World War, 1917–1918, official roster", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Clyde W., 1114931, white, 3100 Dover Ave., Cleveland, O.
RA Columbus Bks, O. Oct 15/17. Br Cleveland, O. 21 1/12 yrs. 150 Aer Sq to disch. Sgt 1cl Jan 1/18; Sgt July 16/18. Hon disch Mch 28/19."
- 1920 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: T625_1368; Page: 14B; Enumeration District: 334; Image: 720
Hilgert Drive, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, 13 Jan 1920
Sackett, Mark, roomer, 42, married, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, engineer, railroad
Sackett, Clyde, 23, single, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, brakeman, railroad
[Roomers in household of Jacob (railroad conductor) & Lois Marz].
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, Cleveland City Directory, 1921, "Sackett Clyde auto wkr bds 5906 Linwood av"; 1922, "Sackett Clyde W sten b3324 Marvin av."
- "U.S., Applications for Seaman's Protection Certificates, 1916–1940", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Seattle, King County, Washington, 2 Apr 1924, Clyde W Sackett, b. Cleveland, Ohio, 9 Sep 1896, father Mark Sackett b. Geneva, Ohio. Last employment: fireman, SS West Henshaw. Next employment: water tender, SS President Grant. Description: age 27, ht 5' 3½", 140 lbs, complexion fair, eyes blue, hair brown, no marks. Addresses: Grand Pacific Hotel, Seattle, Wash.; 1281 Thoreau Ave, Cleveland, Ohio. Remarks: 1114931 Sgt Flying School, Rich Field Texas Air Service, discharged 28 Mar 1919, Rich Field, Waco, Texas. Honorable discharge from US Army."
- "US World War II draft registration cards 1942", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Serial U3187, Clyde Wallace Sackett, 14249 Greenview, Detroit, Mich, age 45, b. Cleveland, Ohio, 9 Sep 1896, contact T M Sackett (same address), employer Vickers Inc, 1400 Oakman, Detroit, race white, ht 5' 5", wt 150, eyes blue, hair brown, complexion ruddy. Reg Detroit, Michigan, 27 Apr 1942.
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, Dearborn, Wayne County, Michigan, City Directory, 1948, "Sackett Clyde W (Kath W) eng Seaboard Properties Co (Det) h24526 Chicago"; 1953, 1955, 1956, 1958, "Sackett Clyde W (Kath W) eng Oakwood Hosp h24526 Chicago; 1959, "Sackett Clyde W (Kath W) sta eng Oakwood Hosp h24526 Chicago."
|Last Edited||23 August 2018|