Theodore Mark Sackett
|Father||Mark Sackett (1873-1922)|
|Mother||Estelle Vilera Hamlin (1879-)|
In 1910 Theodore was living at Kinsman Road, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OhioG, in the household of his parents Mark and Estelle, and was recorded in the census as Theodore M Sackett, aged nine and born in Ohio.9
Theodore registered for the World War I draft on 7 September 1918. He was then aged 18 [actually 17; he exaggerated by a year] and was living at 3100 Dover Avenue, ClevelandG, with his parents Mark and Estella. He was employed as a civil engineer.10
In 1920 he was living at Dover Avenue, ClevelandG, in the household of his mother Estelle, and was recorded as Theodore Sackett, an engineer at an oil company, aged 19.11
Theodore was listed in the 1921 Cleveland City Directory as a construction engineer. He was living at 3100 Dover Avenue, ClevelandG, with his mother Estelle. In 1922 they were living at 3324 Marvin Avenue, Cleveland. Theodore's occupation was timekeeper.12
In 1930 he was living at Lauderdale Avenue, Lakewood, Cuyahoga County, OhioG, and was recorded as Theodore M Sackett, a civil engineer, head of household, aged 31. He rented his home. Living with him were his wife Dorothy, 30, and their son Roger, aged two.13
Child of Theodore Mark Sackett and Dorothy F Platt
- Roger Mark Sackett b. 13 Jul 1927, d. 3 Nov 2016
Notes & Citations
- "Ohio, Births and Christenings Index, 1774–1973", database, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Theodore Mark, b. Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio, 12 Oct 1900, father Mark Sackett, mother Estelle Sackett."
- The Hamlin Family: Genealogy of James Hamlin of Barnstable, Massachusetts (), p 1090, "Estella Vilera Hamlin, b. Ridgeville, Ohio, Nov. 12, 1879; m. Elyria, Ohio, Oct. 16, 1896, [sic: 1895] Mark Sackett; railroad employee; Cleveland, Ohio; Republican; she Methodist. Ch. b. Cleveland: Clyde, Sept. 9, 1896. Theodore, Oct. 11, 1900."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "Theodore qsa, b. Oct 12, 1900, d. Aug, 1978, SSN 363-03-5777 issued MI, residence Pompano Beach, Florida, 33062, county Broward."
- "Florida Death Index, 1877–1998", database, Ancestry.com, "Theodore Mark Sackett, d. 11 Aug 1978, Broward, 77, b. 12 Oct 1900."
- Website Find a Grave.
- "Michigan, Marriage Records, 1867–1952", digital image, Ancestry.com, "3 Jun 1922, at Monroe, Michigan, Theo Mark Sackett, 23, of Cleveland, OH, b. OH, civil engineer, father Mark, mother Estella V Hamlin; to Dorothy F Platt, 22, of Lakewood, OH, b. OH, stenographer, father Henry, mother Gertrude E Oblander. Both 1st m. By Frank P Knowles, Pastor. Witnesses: Mrs A W Stadler Jr, A W Stadler Jr, both of Cleveland. [Theo M Sackett and Dorothy F Platt were witnesses on the same day to the marriage of Dorothy's sister Beatrice to Adelbert W Stadler]."
- 1910 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: T624_1171; Page: 16A; Enumeration District: 0313; FHL microfilm: 1375184
Kinsman Road SE, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, 22 Apr 1910
Sackett, Mark Jr, head, 36, m1. 14y, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA, engineer, steam RR, home rented
Sackett, Estelle, wife, 32, m1. 14y, 2 ch, both living, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Sackett, Clyde W, son, 13, b. OH, father b. PA, mother b. OH
Sackett, Theodore M, son, 9, b. OH, father b. PA, mother b. OH.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, "Serial No. 1604, Order No. 979, Theodore Mark Sackett, age 18, of 3100 Dover Ave., Cleveland, Ohio, b. 12 Oct. 1899, native born, white, civil engineer, Ill. State Commerica Com., 914 Karpeir Bldg., Chicago, Ill., nearest relative Mrs. M. Sackett of 3100 Dover Ave., Cleveland, Ohio, med. ht., med build, blue eyes, brown hair, no disabilities, Reg. Local Board No. 4 2507 Archwood Ave. SW, Cleveland, Ohio, 7 Sept. 1918."
- 1920 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: T625_1362; Page: 16A; Enumeration District: 88; Image: 70
Dover Ave, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Jan 1920
Sackett, Estell, head, home rented, 42, married, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Sackett, Theodore, son, 19, single, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, engineer, oil co.
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, Cleveland City Directory, 1921, "Sackett Clyde auto wkr bds 5906 Linwood av"; 1922, "Sackett Clyde W sten b3324 Marvin av."
- 1930 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: 1786; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 0635; Image: 348.0; FHL microfilm: 2341520
Lauderdale, Lakewood, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, 3 Apr 1930
Sackett, Theodore M, head, home rented $65 pm, 31, m. at 23, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH, civil engineer, building
Sackett, Dorothy F, wife, 30, m. at 22, b. OH, father b. France, mother b. OH
Sackett, Roger M, son, 2 8/12, b. OH, father b. OH, mother b. OH.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||17 Mar 2018|