Leo Frank Sackett
|Father||Leo LaVern "Vern" Sackett (1887-1972)|
|Mother||Mary Ann "Mayme" or "Mamie" Westwood (1891-1979)|
In 1920 Leo was living at West Alton Avenue, Independence, Jackson County, MissouriG, in the household of his parents Leo and Mamie, and was recorded in the census as Leo F Sackett, aged four and born in Missouri.5
In 1930 he was living at West Alton Street, Blue Township, Jackson County, MissouriG, in the household of his parents Leo and Mamie, and was recorded as Leo F Sackett, aged 15.6
Leo enlisted in the US Army, Alaska department, at Covington, Kenton County, KentuckyG, on 6 January 1940.7
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Death record.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "Leo Sackett, b. Apr 19, 1915, d. Aug 12, 2009, SSN 487-07-9152 issued MO, residence Raymore, Missouri, 64083, county Cass."
- "Missouri, Marriage Records, 1805–2002", database, Ancestry.com, "27 Aug 1937 Leo Frank Sackett, 21, & Marje Wall, 19. Both of Jackson County. At Kansas City, Jackson County."
- 1920 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: T625_923; Page: 4A; Enumeration District: 12; Image: 476
West Alton Ave, Independence Ward 4, Jackson County, Missouri, 5/6 Jan 1920
Sackett, Leo L, head, home owned free of mortgage, 31, married, b. UT, father b. US, mother b. US, plasterer, house
Sackett, Mamie, wife, 28, b. MO, father b. England, mother b. IN
Sackett, Leo F, son, 4 8/12, b. MO, father b. UT, mother b. MO.
- 1930 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: 1192; Page: 22B; Enumeration District: 0248; Image: 818.0; FHL microfilm: 2340927
West Alton Street, Blue, Jackson County, Missouri, 20 Apr 1920
Sackett, Leo L, head, home owned, $4,500, not farm, 42, m. at 26, b. UT, father b. NY, mother b. NY, plasterer, construction
Sackett, Mamie A, wife, 38, m. at 22, b. MO, father b. England, mother b. IN
Sackett, Leo F, son, 15, b. MO, father b. UT, mother b. MO.
- "US World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938–1946", database, Ancestry.com, "Leo F Sackett, b. MO, 1859 [sic: 1915], res. St Louis City, MO, enlisted 6 Jan 1940 in Covington, Kentucky, enlistment for Alaska, regular army, educ post-graduate, civil occ foreman, transportation, communications, and utilities, widower with dependents, ht 26 [sic], wt 352 [sic]. [Awaiting corrections to Ancestry transcript]."
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of Nathaniel Sackett|
|Last Edited||1 April 2016|