Rev James Compton-Bracebridge
|Father||John Edward Compton-Bracebridge (1859-1937)|
|Mother||Annie Louisa Easton (1859-1953)|
In 1891 James was living at Granville Place, Marylebone, LondonG, in the household of his parents John and Annie, and was recorded in the census as James C-Bracebridge, aged two and born in Marylebone.4
In 1901 he was living at The Grange School, High Street, Stevenage, HertfordshireG, and was recorded as James C Bracebridge, a pupil, aged 12.5
James proved his mother Annie's will in LondonG on 17 October 1953. Her estate was valued at £5,130.6
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Website England & Wales Birth Index (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Sep qtr 1888. Bracebridge, James Compton. Marylebone. 1a:525."
- Death record.
- Website England & Wales Death Index, 1837–1915 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Mar qtr 1980. Bracebridge, James Compton, b. 19 Aug 1888. Surrey SE. 17:1016."
- 1891 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG12, Piece 95, Folio 145, p. 22, GSU roll 6095205
Granville Pl, Marylebone, London
John C Bracebridge, head, married, 31, civil engineer, b. Warwick, Barford
Annie C Bracebridge, wife, 31, b. Surrey, Tulse Hill
Margt C Bracebridge, dau, 6, b. Marylebone
Mary C Bracebridge, dau, 4, b. Marylebone
James C Bracebridge, son, 2, b. Marylebone
Harriet Johnson, servt, single, 35, nurse, b. London, Fulham
Mary Handley, servt, single, 22, cook, b. Surrey, Gt Bookham
Ellen Brayden, servt, single, 19, parlourmaid, b. Kent, Hartlip
Emily Clifford, servt, married, 28, housemaid, b. Kent, Bartling
Rhoda Stebbings, servt, single, 22, under nurse, b. Middlesex, Edmonton
Bessy Melhuish, visitor, single, 25, trained sick nurse, b. Devon, Tranbridge
Annie Fear, visitor, single, 27, trained sick nurse, b. Somerset, Bridgwater.
- 1901 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG13, Piece 1298, Folio 77, p. 3
The Grange School, High Street, Stevenage, Hertfordshire
James C Bracebridge, pupil, 12, b. London.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Bracebridge Annie Louisa Compton of Atherstone Hall Atherstone Warwickshire widow died 15 June 1953 Probate London 17 October to the reverend James Compton Bracebridge clerk and Hugh Frederick Francis Farrer solicitor. Effects £5130 12s. 9d."
|Sackett line||12th great-grandson of William Sackett|
|Last Edited||24 October 2015|