|Father||John Edward Compton-Bracebridge (1859-1937)|
|Mother||Annie Louisa Easton (1859-1953)|
In 1891 Charles was living at 42 Princes Gardens, Knightsbridge, LondonG, in the household of his widowed grandmother Annie Easton, and was recorded in the census as Charles C Bracebridge, aged seven and born in Marylebone.5
Administration of Charles's estate was granted in LondonG on 8 August 1925 to his father John. His estate was valued at £5,818. A further grant in the sum of £2,632 was made on 8 February 1956.6,7
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1883. Bracebridge, Charles. Mother: Easton. Marylebone. 1a:573."
- Baptisms Register, All Saints, St Marylebone, London (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "8 Jun 1883, Charles Compton-Bracebridge, s. John Edward & Annie Louisa Compton-Bracebridge, of 3 Spanish Place, engineer. Bap. by B Compton."
- Website England & Wales Death Index, 1837–1915 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Dec qtr 1924. Bracebridge, Charles C, 41. Havant. 2b:482."
- Probate record.
- 1891 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG12, Piece 84, Folio 39, p. 71, GSU roll 6095194
44 Princes Gardens, Knightsbridge, London
Annie D Easton, head, widow, 59, living on own means, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Marion Easton, dau, single, 30, living on own means, b. St Pancras, London
J D Garrett, nephew, single, 22, mechanical engineering student, b. Maddeburg, Russia, British subject
Charles C Bracebridge, gson, 7, b. Marylebone
Lizzie Partridge, serv, widow, 58, domestic, b. Bristol, Gloucester
Minnie Barrow, serv, single, 27, b. Olham, Kent
Elizabeth Martin, serv, single, 28, domestic, b. Malling, Kent
Elizabeth Harman, serv, single, 38, domestic, b. Godalming, Surrey
Ellen Barnes, serv, single, 19, b. Westbury, Wilts
Martha Dewing, serv, single, 20, b. Briston, Norfolk.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Bracebridge Charles Compton of 202 Laburnam-grove Portsmouth died 25 November 1924 at 3 Knox-road Havant Hampshire Administration London 8 August 1925 to John Edward Compton Bracebridge. Effects £5818 12s. 2d."
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Bracebridge Charles Compton of 202 Laburnam-grove Portsmouth died 25 November 1924 at 3 Knox-road Havant Hampshire Administration London 8 February 1956 to sir Walter Leslie Farrer K.C.V.O. Effects £2632 15s. 7d. Former Grant P.R. 8 January 1925."
|Sackett line||12th great-grandson of William Sackett|
|Last Edited||11 November 2016|