Frederick Arthur Miles
|Father||Vincent William Miles (c 1857-1904)|
|Mother||Ellen Sackett (1856-1939)|
In 1901 Frederick was living at 54 Yeomans Row, Brompton, Kensington, LondonG, in the household of his parents Vincent and Ellen, and was recorded in the census as Frederick A Miles, an errand boy, aged 13 and born in South Kensington.7
In 1911 he was living at 54 Yeomans Row, Brompton, Kensington, LondonG, in the household of his widowed mother Ellen, and was recorded as Frederick Miles, a clerk in a book publishers, single, aged 23.8
Child of Frederick Arthur Miles and Eliza Norton
- Margaret Verena Miles
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1887. Miles, Frederick Arthur. Mother: Sackett. Kensington. 1a:165."
- Death record.
- Website England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837–1915 (Ancestry.com), "Mar qtr 1972. Miles, Frederick Arthur, b. 20 Oct 1887. Chelsea. 5a:1809."
- Register of Marriages, Holy Trinity Church, Brompton, London, digital image, Ancestry.com, ""23 Mar 1913, Frederick Arthur Miles, 25, bachelor, publishers clerk, of 54 Yeomans Row, SW, father Vincent William Miles, fishmongers assistant; to Eliza Norton, 23, spinster, machinist, of 39 Yeomans Row, SW, father William Henry Norton, foreman baker. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: George Robert Norton, Josiah Mansell."
- Marriage record.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Piece 34, Folio 81, p. 51
54 Yeomans Row, Holy Trinity Brompton, Kensington, London
Miles, Vincent W, head, 43, cheesemonger, worker, b. Kent, Margate
Miles, Ellen, wife, 44, dressmaker, worker, at home, b. Kent, I of Thanet
Miles, Charles V, son, 17, worker, b. Margate
Miles, Katherine I?, dau, 14, mother's help, at home, b. Margate
Miles, Frederick A, son, 13, errand boy, b. London, South Kensington
Miles, Florence F, dau, 12, b. London, South Kensington
Miles, Grace G, dau, 10, b. London, South Kensington
Miles, Ellenor F, dau, 8, b. London, South Kensington
Miles, Albert J, son, 7, b. London, South Kensington
Miles, Vera A, dau, 5, b. London, South Kensington.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, Piece 112
54 Yeomans Row, Kensington, London
Miles, Ellen, 55, widow, dressmaker, own account, at home, b. Isle of Thanet
Miles, Charles Vincent, son, 27, single, porter, auctioneers, b. Margate, Kent
Miles, Frederick, son, 23, single, clerk, book publishers, b. Kensington
Miles, Grace, dau, 20, single, general servant domestic, b. Kensington
Miles, Albert, son, 17, single, clerk, book publishers, b. Kensington.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||10 Nov 2016|