Annie M Sackett
|Father||William F Sackett (1845-1934)|
|Mother||Adelaide Peck (1850-1905)|
In 1900 Annie was living in SheffieldG in the household of her parents William and Adelaide, and was recorded in the census as Annie M Sackett, aged ten and born in Massachusetts.4
In 1910 she was living at Ashley Falls Village, SheffieldG, and was recorded as Annie M Sackett, single, aged 21. She was a servant to Charles Landon, 72, a widower.5
In 1920 (and 1930), Annie's husband Robert was living with his parents Frank and Bessie in SheffieldG. He was described as single. Annie and Robert's son Richard was apparently adopted by Annie's father and stepmother as he was living with them in 1920, and with Annie's father, by then a widower, in 1930. These circumstances suggest that Annie had died by 1920, although a record has not been found.6
Child of Annie M Sackett and Robert Frank Bownes
- Richard Irving Bownes/Sackett b. 29 Nov 1917
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records, Sheffield, Berkshire County, Massachusetts, Sheffield, 1889, v394, p84, Birth, "Aug 31 /89, recorded Jan 20, 1890, Annie M Sackett, female, at Sheffield, d. William & Adelaide (Peck), of Sheffield, father a wagon maker, b. Norfolk, Conn, mother b. Winsted, Conn."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, marriage reg in Sheffield, MA, "at Torrington, Conn, 19 Nov 1916, Robert Frank Bownes, of Sheffield, age 28, laborer, b. Sharon, Conn, father Frank Bownes, mother Bessie Chapman; to Annie Sackett, of Sheffield, age 27, at factory, b. Sheffield, father William Sackett, mother Adelia Peck; both first m."
- "Social Security Death Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Robert F Bownes, b. 18 Oct 1888, d. 15 Nov 1967, last res 01257 Sheffield, Berkshire, MA."
- 1900 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 633, p. 17A, Enumeration District 0082, FHL microfilm 1240633
Sheffield, Berkshire County, Massachusetts, 20 Jun 1900
Sackett, William F, head, b. Oct 1845, 54, m. 31y, b. CT, father b. Canada (Fr), mother b. CT, wagon maker
Sackett, Adelaide, wife, b. May 1850, 50, m. 31y, ? ch, 4 living, b. CT, father b. CT, mother b. NY
Sackett, Olive P, dau, b. Dec 1881, 18, b. MA, father b. CT, mother b. CT
Sackett, Annie M, dau, b. Aug 1889, 10, b. MA, father b. CT, mother b. CT, at school.
- 1910 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, >Roll T624_572, p. 8B, Enumeration District 0086, FHL microfilm 1374585
Ashley Falls, Sheffield, Berkshire County, Massachusetts, 2/3 May 1910
Landon, Charles B, head, 72, wd, b. NY, father b. CT, mother b. CT, own income
Sackett, Annie M, servant, 21, single, b. MA, father b. CT, mother b. MA, servant, private family.
|Last Edited||29 Jan 2015|