Harriet Elise Bentley Scrafford
|Father||Ransom Bentley Scrafford (1861-1937)|
|Mother||Margaret Eleanor Reed (1862-1919)|
In 1910 Harriet was living in Charlton, Saratoga County, New York StateG, in the household of her parents Ransom and Maggie, and was recorded in the census as Elise B Scrafford, aged 16 and born in New York.5
In 1920 Elise was living in Danube, Herkimer County, New York StateG, in the household of her husband James, 28, a dairy farmer, and was recorded in the census as Elise Keeler, aged 25 and born in New York. Living with them were their children, James, 5, Margaretta, 4, and Elise, aged two.6
Children of Harriet Elise Bentley Scrafford and James Ensign Keeler
- James S Keeler b. c 1915
- Margaretta Keeler b. c 1916
- Elise Keeler b. c 1917
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Capt Richard Sackett of New York|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Email from Virginia Keeler-Connors to Chris Sackett, July 2014.
- Schenectady Gazette (New York), digital image, Ancestry.com, November 8, 1913, Weddings, “Representatives of two of the oldest families in southern Saratoga county were united in marriage Wednesday night when Miss Harriet Elise Bentley, only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ransom Scrafford, and James Ensign Keeler of Alplaus, were married.
The marriage took place at Fruit Vale Farm, Vischer Ferry, N.Y., the summer home of the bride’s parents, only the near relatives of both families and a few friends being present. …."
- Schenectady Gazette (New York), digital image, Ancestry.com, June 1, 1972, “J.E. Keeler, RD1 Rexford, Dies at 79.
James E. Keeler, 79, of RD1 Rexford, died yesterday in Utica.
A native of Rexford, Mr. Keeler was employed as a carpenter and building contractor. He was a member of Amity Reformed Church in Vischers Ferry.
He is survived by a son, James S. Keeler of Rexford; two daughters, Mrs. Ralph Beck of Mechanicville and Mrs. Lloyd Teourtellot of Elnora; 11 grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren and two cousins.
The Rev. William G. DeYoung, pastor of Amity Reformed Church, will officiate at the funeral service, at 2 p.m. Saturday at Baxter’s Funeral Home. Burial will be in Vale Cemetery."
- 1910 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll T624_1076, p. 5B, Enumeration District 0098, FHL microfilm 1375089
Charlton, Saratoga County, New York, 26 Apr 1910
Scrafford, Ransom B, head, 48, m. 26y, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, farming, poultry, home (farm) owned free of mortgage
Scrafford, Maggie R, wife, 47, m. 26y, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Scrafford, Earl R, son, 24, single, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, college
Scrafford, Elise B, dau, 16, single, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
- 1920 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, >T625_1115, p. 3B, Enumeration District 2, Image 32
Danube, Herkimer County, New York
Keeler, James, head, home owned on mortgage, 28, married, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, farmer, dairy farm
Keeler, Elise, wife, 25, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Keeler, James, son, 5, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Keeler, Margaretta, dau, 4, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Keeler, Elise, dau, 2?, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
|Last Edited||14 November 2014|