Oliver William Marsh
|Father||James George Marsh (c 1848-1903)|
|Mother||Emma Hogbin (1847-1934)|
In 1891 Oliver was living at 7 & 8 Clarendon Road, St Peter in Thanet, KentG, in the household of his parents James and Emma, and was recorded in the census as Oliver William Marsh, a scholar, aged nine and born in Broadstairs.5
In 1901 he was living at 7 Lordship Lane, Camberwell, LondonG, in the household of his parents James and Emma, and was recorded as Oliver W Marsh, a carpenter, aged 19 and born in Broadstairs.6
In 1911 he was living at 2 Rectory Road, Broadstairs, KentG, and was recorded as Oliver William Marsh, manager of a sea bathing establishment, head of household, married, aged 29 and born in Broadstairs. Living with him were his wife Eleanor, 31, and their son Charlie, aged three.7
Child of Oliver William Marsh and Eleanor Margaret Kauffman
- Charlie Oliver Marsh b. c 1908
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1881. Marsh, Oliver William. Mother: Hogbin. Thanet. 2a:903."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Sep qtr 1964. Marsh, Oliver W, 83. Thanet. 5b:819."
- Marriages Register, St Paul, Westminster Bridge Road, Southwark, London (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "14 May 1905, Oliver William Marsh, 24, bachelor, sanitary inspector, of 1 Townley Rd, East Dulwich, father James George Marsh (deceased), baker; to Eleanor Margaret Kauffman, 26, spinster, of 195 Waterloo Rd, father Abraham Kauffman, jeweller. Banns. Witnesses: Nora Alice Marion Marsh, Ada E D?."
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 733, folio 39, p. 6, GSU roll 6095843
7 & 8 Clarendon Road, St Peter's, Kent
James Geo Marsh, head, married, 42, bathing machine proprietor, employer, b. Kent, Canterbury
Emma Marsh, wife, 43, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Emma Marsh, dau, 17, pupil teacher, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Edith Mary Marsh, dau, 13, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Kate Florence Marsh, dau, 12, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Oliver William Marsh, son, 9, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Hector Charles Marsh, son, 8, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Flora Alice Marsh, dau, 7, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Donald A S Marsh, son, 5, b. Kent, Broadstairs.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG13, piece 498, folio 128, p. 47
7 Lordship Lane, Camberwell, London
James G Marsh, head, married, 52, sea bathing establishment, employer, b. Kent, St Stephens
Emma Marsh, wife, 53, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Arthur J Marsh, son, single, 26, grocer's assistant, worker, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Edith M Marsh, dau, single, 23, clerk, sub post office, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Kate F Marsh, dau, single, 22, telegraphist GPO civil service, worker, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Oliver W Marsh, son, single, 19, carpenter, worker, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Hector C Marsh, son, single, 18, clerk mercantile, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Nora A M Marsh, dau, 17, telegraph learner GPO civil service, worker, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Donald A S Marsh, son, 15, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 4504, schedule 269
2 Rectory Rd, Broadstairs, Kent
Oliver William Marsh, head, 29, married, manager sea bathing establishment, b. Broadstairs
Eleanor Margaret Marsh, wife, 31, m. 5y, 1 ch, living, b. London, Lambeth
Charlie Oliver Marsh, son, 3, b. Broadstairs.
|See also||Phoebe Sackett gallery|
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Phoebe Sackett descendant chart|
|Last Edited||12 Nov 2016|