Emma "Emmie" Marsh
|Father||James George Marsh (c 1848-1903)|
|Mother||Emma Hogbin (1847-1934)|
In 1891 Emma was living at 7 & 8 Clarendon Road, St Peter in Thanet, KentG, in the household of her parents James and Emma, and was recorded in the census as Emma Marsh, a pupil teacher, aged 17 and born in Ramsgate.4
In 1911 Emma was living at Waverley, Victoria Rd, Chalk Hole, Margate, KentG, in the household of her husband John, 42, a schoolteacher, and was recorded in the census as Emmie Marsh Sisley, aged 37 and born in Ramsgate. Visiting the house were Emmie's sister Edith and their widowed mother Emma.5
Emma and her brother Donald proved their mother Emma's will in LondonG on 17 May 1934. Her estate was valued at £807.6
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|See also||Phoebe Sackett gallery|
|Charts||Phoebe Sackett descendant chart|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1873. Marsh, Emma. Mother: Hogbin. Thanet. 2a:763."
- Helen Jeffries, "Jeffries Family Tree", Ancestry.com.
- 1891 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 733, folio 39, p. 6, GSU roll 6095843
7 & 8 Clarendon Road, St Peter's, Kent
James Geo Marsh, head, married, 42, bathing machine proprietor, employer, b. Kent, Canterbury
Emma Marsh, wife, 43, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Emma Marsh, dau, 17, pupil teacher, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Edith Mary Marsh, dau, 13, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Kate Florence Marsh, dau, 12, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Oliver William Marsh, son, 9, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Hector Charles Marsh, son, 8, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Flora Alice Marsh, dau, 7, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Donald A S Marsh, son, 5, b. Kent, Broadstairs.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 4484, schedule 83
Waverley, Victoria Rd, Chalk Hole, nr Margate, Kent
John Albert Sisley, head, 42, married, elementary school teacher, Margate Education Com, b. Margate
Emmie Marsh Sisley, wife, 37, m. 13y, no ch, b. Ramsgate
Emma Marsh, visitor, 60, widow, bathing machine proprietor, employer, b. Ramsgate
Edith Mary Marsh, visitor, 33, single, b. Bradstairs.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Marsh Emma of Jamesville Crow Hill Broadstairs Kent widow died 10 January 1934 Probate London 17 May to Donald Alfred Sackett Marsh gas works superintendent and Emma Sisley (wife of John Albert Sisley). Effects £807 14s. 2d."
|Last Edited||13 November 2016|