|Father||James Sackett (c 1792-1866)|
|Mother||Ann Argent Lee (1803-1878)|
In 1851 John was living at Bull Street, Dagenham, EssexG, in the household of his parents James and Ann, and was recorded in the census as John Sackett, aged nine and born in Dagenham.3
John enlisted for ten years as a boy entrant in the Royal Navy, serving from 21 December 1859 on HMS Crocodile.4
In 1861 John was serving in the Royal Navy as a butcher. At the census date he was on HMS Cyclops in the North Atlantic. He was aged 19 years 4 months, born in Dagenham.5
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1842. Sackett, John. Mother: Lee. Romford. 12:229."
- Website Australia death index, 1787-1985 (Ancestry.co.uk) (http://www.ancestry.co.uk), "3 Nov 1911, John Sackett, d. Queensland, s. James Sackett & Ann Lee, reg. 003285, p. 22942."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1772/f.276v
James Sackett, head, married, 58, gardener, b. Middlesex, Marylebone
Ann Argent Sackett, wife, 47, gardener's wife, b. Essex, West Thurrock
James Sackett, son, 14, gardener's son, b. Essex, Dagenham
William Sackett, son, 11, b. Essex, Dagenham
John Sackett, son, 9, b. Essex, Dagenham
Martha Sackett, dau, 5, b. Essex, Dagenham
Robert Sackett, son, 3, b. Essex, Dagenham.
- "UK, Royal Navy Registers of Seamen's Services, 1853–1928", digital image, Ancestry.com, "John Sackett, rating B2C, first ship Crocodile, service started (boy) 21 Dec 1859, 10 yrs."
- 1861 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG 9, piece 4439, folio 127, p. 7, GSU roll 543284
HMS Cyclops, North Atlantic
John Sackett, butcher, single, 19.4, b. Claghiham [sic: Dagenham], Essex.
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett of Hornchurch, Essex|
|Last Edited||26 November 2016|