|Father||John Sackett (1820-1872)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Pilcher (c 1817-1890)|
In 1851 Elizabeth was living at Mount Pleasant, Canterbury, KentG, in the household of her parents, John and Elizabeth, and was recorded in the census as Elizabeth Sackett, a scholar aged 7 and born in Hythe, Kent.5
In 1861 she was living at 15 The Parade, Canterbury, KentG, and was recorded as Elizabeth Sackett, a 17-year-old unmarried servant in the household of James Batchelor, a hatter.6
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1844. Sackett, Elizabeth. Mother: Pilcher. Elham. 5:177."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, Mount Pleasant, Canterbury (extra-parochial)
John SACKETT, head, married, 30, gardener, b. Kent, Garlinge
Elizabeth SACKETT, wife, 33, b. Kent, Goodnestone
James P. SACKETT, son, 10, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Thomas SACKETT, son, 9, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Elizabeth SACKETT, dau, 7, scholar, b. Kent, Hythe
Mary Ann BURGESS, nursechild, 3m, b. Ssx, Brighton.
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "31 May 1846 Elizabeth d. John & Elizabeth Sackett, Margate, stonemason."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1873. Sackett, Elizabeth. Canterbury. 2a:890."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, Mount Pleasant, Canterbury, Kent, (extra-parochial)
John Sackett, head, married, 30, gardener, b. Kent, Garlinge
Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 33, b. Kent, Goodnestone
James P. Sackett, son, 10, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Thomas Sackett, son, 9, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 7, scholar, b. Kent, Hythe
Mary Ann Burgess, nursechild, 3 months, b. Sussex, Brighton
HO107; Piece: 1624; Folio: 64; Page: 17; GSU roll: 193525.
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
15 The Parade, Canterbury, Kent
James Batchelor, head, 38, hatter, b. Houndslow, Middlesex
Annie F Batchelor, wife, b. Fenlake, Bedfordshire
Elizabeth Sackett, serv., unm., 17, b. Hythe, Kent.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||26 Nov 2016|