Edward Lawrence Sackett
|Father||Jeremiah Sackett (1798-1825)|
Edward served in the Royal Warwickshire Regiment, enlisting at Canterbury, KentG, on 21 April 1840. He was imprisoned in 1844 for desertion. In 1845, a medical board found him to have been suffering from heart disease from the time of his enlistment and he was discharged as a consequence of his disability.7
In 1841 Edward was living at Shorne Ridgway, Shorne and Merton, KentG, in the household of James Norman, a labourer, and his wife Ann, and was recorded in the census as Edward Sackett, aged 20 and born in Kent.8
Child of Edward Lawrence Sackett and Sarah May
- Edward Richard Sackett b. 1843, d. Dec 1891
Notes & Citations
- Army service record.
- Baptisms Register, St Lawrence in Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "30 September 1827 Edward Laurence s. Jeremiah & Charlotte Sackett, Ramsgate, tailor." [Jeremiah had died in October 1825. Edward would have been about five at the date of his baptism]
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1859. Sackett, Edward, 37. Thanet. 2a:440."
- Burials Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "31 January 1859 Edward Sackett, Union, 37 years."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1842. Sacket, Edward Lawrence. Eastry. 5:191."
- Marriages Register, St Leonard, Deal, Kent (Findmypast image), "12 Jul 1842 Edward Lawrence Sacket, full age, bachelor, soldier, of Walmer, father Jeremiah Sacket tailor; to Sarah May, full age, spinster, of Peter Street, father John May waterman?. He signed; she made mark. Witnesses: James Worthington, Mary A Worthington."
- "British Army Service Records" (Findmypast image).
- 1841 England census
Shorne Ridgway, Shorne and Merton, Kent
James Norman, 55, lab, b. not Kent
Ann Norman, 55, b. Kent
Mark Hughes, 15, gardener, b. Kent
Edward Sackett, 20, b. Kent
Louisa Padgers, 20, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 462; Book: 2; Civil Parish: Shorne and Merton; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 15; Folio: 27; Page: 17; Line: 2; GSU roll: 306857.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||29 Nov 2016|