Margaret Emma Sackett
|Father||Edward Brewer Sackett (1808-1886)|
|Mother||Jane Bax (c 1830-1881)|
In 1871 Margaret was living at 1 Blackstone Cottages, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Margaret Sackett, a scholar, aged 9 and born in St Peter's, daughter of Edward Sackett.6
In 1881 she was living at Updown House, MargateG, in the household of Charles and Sarah Cottee, and was recorded as Margaret Sackett, domestic servant, unmarried, aged 19.7
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1861. Sackett, Margaret Emma. Mother: Bax. Thanet. 2a:644."
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, "12 January 1862 Margaret Emma d. Edward Brewer & Jane Sackett, St Peter's, labourer."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "17 September 1887 Richard Pain, 28, bachelor, miller, Star Mill, Chatham (father Stephen Thomas Pain, miller) & Margaret Emma Sackett, 25, spinster, Hengrove, Margate (father Edward Brewer Sackett, gardener, dec'd). Banns. Witnesses: George Yeomanson, Emily Jane Yeomanson."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1887. Sackett, Margaret Emma. Thanet."
- Date of birth based on age at marriage.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG19/997 f95v
1 Blackstone Cottages, St Lawrence, Kent
Edward Sackett, head, married, 63, farm labourer, b. Thanet, St Peters
Jane Sackett, wife, 42, b. Thanet, St Peter's
John Sackett, son, unmarried, 19, brickfield labourer, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Ellen Sackett, dau, 15, nursemaid, b. Kent, St Peter's
Alice Sackett, dau, 12, scholar, b. Kent, St Peter's
Margaret Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. Kent, St Peter's
Jane Sackett, dau, 7, scholar, b. Kent, St Peter's
Frank Sackett, son, 2, b. Kent, St Peter's.
- 1881 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, FHL 1341234, PRO RG11/0984/10/13
Updown House, Margate St John Baptist, Kent
Charles COTTEE, head, married, 50, b. East Hammingfield, Essex, steward
Sarah COTTEE, wife, 44, b. Maldon, Essex
Margaret SACKETT, servt, unmarried, 19, b. St Peters, Kent, domestic servt.
|Last Edited||24 November 2016|