George William Sackett
|Father||Edward Brewer Sackett (1808-1886)|
|Mother||Fanny Goodburn (c 1807-1851)|
In 1841 George was living at St Peter in Thanet, KentG, in the household of his parents Edward and Fanny, and was recorded in the census as George Sackett, aged three and born in Kent.5
In 1851 he was living at 50 Church Street, St Peter's, KentG, in the household of his parents Edward and Fanny, and was recorded as George W Sackett, aged 12 and born in St Peter's.6
George enlisted for ten years in the Royal Navy, serving from 21 August 1856 on HMS Raleigh.7
In 1861 George was serving as a seaman aboard HMS Racoon. He was single, aged 23.8
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1838. Sackett, George William. Mother: Goodbourn. Thanet. 5:440."
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, "6 May 1838 George William s. Edward Brewer & Fanny Sackett, St Peter's, labourer, bn 3 April 1838."
- Marriage, St Mary, Portsea, Hampshire (IGI), "2 February 1868 George William Sackett, 27, & Elizabeth Mary Cobb, 26."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1868. Sackett, George William. Portsea."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, St Peter, Kent
Edward Sackett, 30, ag lab, b. Kent
Fanny Sackett, 30, b. Kent
Fanny Sackett, 6, b. Kent
George Sackett, 3 , b. Kent
HO107; Piece 468; Book: 18; Civil Parish: St Peter; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 19; Folio: 7; Page: 7; Line: 9; GSU roll: 306863.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 50 Church Street, St. Peters, Kent
Edward B. Sackett, head, married, 41, pork butcher, b. Kent, St. Peters
Fanny Sackett, wife, 43, b. Kent, St. Peters
George W. Sackett, son, 12, b. Kent, St. Peters
Harriet Sackett, dau, 9, b. Kent, St. Peters
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 6, b. Kent, St. Peters
Harry Sackett, son, 4, b. Kent, St. Peters
Fanny Sackett, dau, 1, b. Kent, St. Peters
- "UK, Royal Navy Registers of Seamen's Services, 1853–1928", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Geo Sackett, rating AB, first ship Raleigh, service started (man) 21 Aug 1856, 10 yrs."
- 1861 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG9; Piece 4440; Folio 123; Page 7.
George Sackett, AB, single, 23, b. St Peter's, Kent.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||30 November 2016|