|Father||Francis Sackett (1807-1878)|
|Mother||Hannah Jarman (1804-1882)|
In 1841 Stephen was living at Hereson Road, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, in the household of his parents Francis and Hannah, and was recorded in the census as Stephen Sackett, aged two and born in Kent.9
In 1851 he was living at 2 Harbour Street, BroadstairsG, and was recorded as Stephen Sackett, a scholar, aged 11 and born in St Peter's, son of Francis Sackett.10
In 1861 he was living at Albion Street, BroadstairsG, in the household of his parents Francis and Hannah, and was recorded as Stephen Sackett, a bricklayer/ labourer, unmarried, aged 21, and born in St Peter's.11
In 1871 Stephen's widow Charlotte was living at Maple House, High Street, Broadstairs, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Charlotte Sackett, a dressmaker, head of household, a widow, aged 30, and born in Marsham, Norfolk. Living with her were her children, Charlotte, 3, and Walter, aged one.12
In 1881 she was living at Maple House, High Street, St Peter'sG, in the household of her second husband James Strong, 58, a railway porter, and was recorded as Charlotte Strong, a lodging house keeper, aged 40 and born in Marsham, Norfolk. Living with them were Charlotte's children by her first marriage, Charlotte Sackett, 13, and Walter Sackett, 11, and Charlotte and James's son James, aged one.13
In 1891 she was living at 25 York Street, St Peter's, BroadstairsG, in the household of her husband James Strong, 67, a porter, and was recorded as Charlotte Strong, a lodging house keeper, aged 46 and born in Marsham. They were living at the same address as Charlotte's son Walter.14
Children of Stephen Sackett and Charlotte Grix
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1839. Sackett, Stephen. Mother: Jarman. Thanet. 5:405."
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, "4 August 1839 Stephen s. Francis, labourer of Bromstone, and Hannah Sackett, bn 11 July 1839."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1871. Sackett, Stephen, 32. Thanet."
- Burials Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, "28 January 1871 Stephen Sackett, Broadstairs, 31 years."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Jun qtr 1867. Sackett, Stephen. Thanet. 2a:1114."
"Jun qtr 1867. Grix, Charlotte. Thanet. 2a:1114."
- Marriages Register, St Peter's Church, Thanet, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "25 May 1867 Stephen Sackett, 27, bachelor, coachman, of Broadstairs, father Francis Sackett, milkman & Charlotte Grix, 27, spinster, of St. Peter's, father Benjamin Grix, gardener. Witnesses: Thomas Wood, Priscilla Ford."
- Date of birth based on age at marriage.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1878. Sackett, Charlotte. Thanet."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Hereson Road, St Lawrence, Kent
Francis Sackett, 35, milkman, b. Kent
Hannah Sackett, 35, b. Kent
William Sackett, 9, b. Kent
Thomas Sackett, 8, b. Kent
George Sackett, 6, b. Kent
Francis Sackett, 5, b. Kent
Stephen Sackett, 2, b. Kent
Mary Brown, 14, b. Kent
John Rye, 25, shoe m, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 467; Book: 16; Civil Parish: St Lawrence; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 18; Folio: 26; Page: 20; Line: 7; GSU roll: 306862.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 2 Harbour St., Broadstairs, Kent
Francis Sackett, head, married, 43, butcher, b. Kent, St. Peters
Hannah Sackett, wife, 46, butcher's wife, b. Kent, St. Peters
William Sackett, son, 19, labourer, b. Kent, St. Peters
George H. Sackett, son, 15, shopman, b. Kent, St. Peters
Francis Sackett, son, 13, errand boy, b. Kent, St. Peters
Stephen Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Kent, St. Peters
Harriet Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Harry Sackett, son, 6, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
Albion ?, Broadstairs, Kent
Francis Sackett, head, married, 53, milkman, b. St Peter's, Kent
Anna Sackett, wife, 56, b. St Peter's
Stephen Sackett, son, unm., 21, bricklayer/labourer, b. St Peter's
Harriet Sackett, dau, unm., 19, schoolmistress, b. St Peter's
Henry Sackett, son, 16, ag lab, b. St Peter's
Gilbert Sackett, son, 14, ag lab, b. St Peter's.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/998/f20v
Maple House, High Street, Broadstairs, Kent
Charlotte Sackett, head, widow, 30, dressmaker, b. Marsham, Norfolk
Charlotte Sackett, dau, 3, b. Broadstairs
Walter Stephen Sackett, 1, b. Broadstairs.
- 1881 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, FHL 1341236, PRO RG11/0991/9/12
High St Maple House, St Peters, Kent
James Strong, head, married, 58, b. Bath, railway porter
Charlott Strong, wife, 40, b. Marshem, Norfolk, lodging house keeper
Charlott H. Sackett, stepdaughter, 13, b. Broadstairs, Kent, scholar
Walter S. Sackett, stepson, 11, b. Broadstairs, scholar
James Strong, son, 1, b. Broadstairs.
- 1891 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 733, folio 56, p. 4, GSU roll 6095843
25 York St, St Peter's, Broadstairs, Kent
James Strong, head, married, 67, porter, b. Somerset, Bath
Charlotte Strong, wife, 46, lodging house keeper, b. Norfolk, Marsham
James Strong, son, 12, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Albert Strong, son, 10, scholar, b. Kent, Broadstairs
Thomas Dennison?, lodger, married, 39, joiner, b. Durham, Darlington
James H Westerd?, boarder, single, 28, joiner, b. Wales, Singleton.
|Last Edited||26 November 2016|