Mary Jane Sackett
|Father||Henry Sackett (1815-1906)|
|Mother||Jane Stone (c 1813-1881)|
In 1841 Mary was living at East Crescent, St John, Margate, KentG, in the household of the Pound family, and was recorded in the census as Mary Sackett, aged three and born in Kent. With her was her brother Henry, aged one. Their parents Henry and Jane were living at West Northdown, St John, Margate, where Jane was pregnant with her daughter Elizabeth.4
In 1851 she was living at 2 West Northdown, Margate, KentG, in the household of her parents Henry and Jane, and was recorded as Mary J Sackett, a scholar, aged 13, and born in Margate.5
In 1861 she was living at Farm House, St John's, Margate, KentG, in the household of her parents Henry and Jane, and was recorded as Mary Jane Sackett, aged 22, and born in Margate.6
Mary Jane was a witness at her sister Elizabeth's marriage at Holy Trinity Church, Margate, on 8 December 1864, and also at the marriage of her sister Emma at the same church on 22 June 1865.7,8
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1838. Sackett, Mary Jane. Mother: Stone. Thanet. 5:431."
- Baptisms Register, St John in Thanet, Kent, "8 July 1838 Mary Jane d. Henry & Jane Sackett, Northdown, yeoman."
- Marriages Register, St Alphege, Greenwich, Kent (IGI), "27 September 1866, Daniel Church Brasier, full age, bachelor, compositor, of Greenwich, father: Daniel Church Brasier, mariner; and Mary Jane Sackett, full age, spinster, of Greenwich, father: Henry Sackett, farmer. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Edward Layng, Elizabeth Brasier."
- 1841 England census
East Crescent, St John, Margate, Kent
Mary Pound, 60, ind, b. Kent
Elizabeth Pound, 25, b. Kent
Mary Pound, 20, b. Kent
Mary Sackett, 3, b. Kent
Henry Sackett, 1, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 468; Book: 4; Civil Parish: St John The Baptist Margate; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 12; Folio: 37; Page: 3; Line: 14; GSU roll: 306863.
- 1851 England census
2 West Northdown, Margate, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 36, farmer; 100 acres, 6 labs., b. Kent, Margate
Jane Sackett, wife, 39, b. Kent, Margate
Mary J. Sackett, dau, 13, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 11, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
Emma T. Sackett, dau, 6, scholar, b. Kent, Margate
James Johnson, serv., unmarried, 30, ag. lab., b. Kent, Birchington
William Powell, serv., unmarried, 21, ag. lab., b. Kent, St. Peters
Joseph Robin, serv., unmarried, 15, ag. lab., b. Kent, Margate
- 1861 England census
Farm House, St John's, Margate, Kent
Henry Sackett, head, married, 44, farmer, 104 acres, 7 men, b. Margate
Jane Sackett, wife, 47, b. Margate
Mary Jane Sackett, dau, 22, b. Margate
Elizabeth Sackett, dau, 19, b. Margate
Emma J Sackett, dau, 17, b. Margate.
- Marriages Register, Holy Trinity, Margate, Kent, "8 December 1864 Edward Layng, full age, widower, surgeon, of Margate, & Elizabeth Sackett, 23, spinster, of Margate, [both signed]. By licence. Fathers: John Layng, farmer; Henry Sackett, farmer. Witnesses: Henry Sackett, Mary Jane Sackett."
- Marriages Register, Holy Trinity, Margate, Kent, "22 June 1865 Thomas Willett, 20, bachelor, farmer, of Margate, & Emma Talbot Sackett, 20, spinster, of Margate, [both signed]. By licence. Witnesses: Henry Sackett, Mary Jane Sackett, William Willett, Eliza Willett Thomas."
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||26 Nov 2016|