Royal Orange Burrell
|Father||Arora James Burrell (1832-1909)|
|Mother||Helen Amelia Day (1836-1915)|
In 1880 he was living in Richland, Kalamazoo County, MichiganG, in the household of his parents Arora and Helen, and was recorded as Royal O Burrell, a schoolboy, aged nine and born in Michigan.5
In 1900 he was living at Village Street, Kalamazoo, MichiganG, and was recorded as Royal Burrell, an attendant in an insane asylum, head of household, aged 29 and born in Michigan. He rented his home. Living with him were his wife Emily, 31, and their son Robert, aged one.6
In 1920 he was living at Winslow Avenue, Detroit, Wayne County, MichiganG, and was recorded as Royal O Burrell, a mail clerk, head of household, aged 49. Living with him were his wife Emily, 50, and their unmarried sons, Robert, 20, and Chauncey, aged 19.7
Children of Royal Orange Burrell and Mary Emily Abbey
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "8799. Royal O. Burrell, b. Aug. 15, 1870; m. Mary Emily Abbey."
- "Michigan death certificates 1921–1952", database, FamilySearch, "10 Nov 1937, Royal O Burrell, at Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, age 67, married, b. Richland, MI, 15 Aug 1870, father Auroa Burrell, mother Helen Day."
- Marriages Register, Trinity Church, Kansas City, Missouri (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "9 Feb 1898 Royal O Burrell of Kalamazoo County, Michigan, & Mary E Abbey, of Jackson County, Missouri."
- 1880 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll 586, FHL Film 1254586, p. 288A, Enumeration District 140, Image 0574
Richland, Kalamazoo County, Michigan, 9 Jun 1880
Arora J Burrell, 47, farmer, b. OH, father b. unk, mother b. unk
Hellen D Burrell, 44, wife, keeping house, b. OH, father b. MA, mother b. NY
Rose Burrell, 16, dau, at school, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. OH
Royal O Burrell, 9, son, at school, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. OH.
- 1900 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll 720, p. 19B, Enumeration District 0116, FHL microfilm 1240720
Village Street, Kalamazoo Ward 3, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 11 Jun 1900
Burrell, Royal, head, b. Aug 1870, 29, m. 2y, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. OH, attendant insane asylum, home rented
Burrell, Emily, wife, b. Apr 1869, 31, m. 2y, 1 ch, living, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Burrell, Robert, son, b. Jan 1899, 1, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. NY.
- 1920 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll T625_811, p. 6B, Enumeration District 371, Image 291
Winslow Avenue, Detroit Ward 12, Wayne County, Michigan, 12 Jan 1920
Burrell, Royal O, head, 49, married, b. MI, father b. OH, mother b. OH, mail clerk
Burrell, Emily A, wife, 50, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Burrell, Robert A, son, 20, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. NY, production blast furnace
Burrell, Chauncey D, son, 19, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. NY, machinist.
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||11 February 2016|