Caroline Elizabeth Sackett
|Mother||Elizabeth Ann Sackett (1845-1925)|
In 1871 Caroline was living at 2 Montague Place, Brighton, SussexG, with her widowed mother Elizabeth in the household of her grandfather Samuel Sackett, and was recorded in the census as Caroline Elliott, aged three and born in Ramsgate, Kent.5
In 1881 she was living at 117 Shirley Street, Hove, SussexG, in the household of her mother Elizabeth and stepfather George Garrett, and was recorded as Caroline Garrett, a scholar, aged 12 and born in Ramsgate. It is not known that she had taken her stepfather's name of Garrett; the recording of Garrett rather than Elliott may have been a census error.6
In 1891 she was living at 36 Westbourne Street, Aldrington, SussexG, in the household of her mother Elizabeth and stepfather George Garrett, and was recorded as Caroline E Sackett, a laundrymaid, single, aged 22.7
In 1901 she was living at 77 Shirley Street, Hove, SussexG, in the household of her husband James Noble, 26, a van man at a laundry, and was recorded as Caroline Noble, aged 30. Living with them were their son James, aged one, and Caroline's widowed mother Elizabeth Garrett, aged 60.8
Child of Caroline Elizabeth Sackett and James Noble
- James Noble b. c 1900
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1868. Sackett, Caroline Elizabeth. [Mother not named: assume registered in mother's surname.] Thanet. 2a:830."
- "England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538–1975", database, Ancestry.com, Register of Baptisms, St Peter, Brighton, Sussex, "17 Aug 1873, Caroline Garrett d. of George and Elizabeth Garrett."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (Ancestry.co.uk), "Jun qtr 1899. Sackett, Caroline Eliz'th. Steyning. 2b:670."
"Jun qtr 1899. Noble, James. Steyning. 2b:670."
- 1871 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG10, piece 1073, folio 85, p. 32, GSU roll 827494
2 Montague Pl, Brighton, Sussex
Samuel Sackett, head, widr, 59, annuitant, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Elizabeth Elliott, dau, wid, 26, b. Kent, Ramsgate
William Elliott, grandson, 6, scholar, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Caroline Elliott, granddau, 3, scholar, b. Kent, Ramsgate
John A Sackett, son, unm, 24, greengrocer, b. Kent, Ramsgate.
- 1881 England census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1341259, PRO RG11/1098/91/32
117 Shirley Street
George Garrett, head, married, 39, b. Brighton, Sussex, fisherman
Elizabeth Garrett, wife, 38, b. Ramsgate, Sussex [sic]
William Garrett, son, 16, b. Ramsgate, Sussex [sic], greengrocer boy
Caroline Garrett, dau, 12, b. Ramsgate, Sussex [sic], scholar.
- 1891 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG12; Piece: 822; Folio: 74; Page: 32
36 Westbourne St, Aldrington, Sussex
George Garrott, head, married, 50, fisherman, b. Sussex, Brighton
Elizabeth A Garrott, wife, 40, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Caroline E Sackett, dau, single, 22, laundrymaid, b. Ramsgate
William F Sackett, son, single, 24, potman, b. Ramsgate.
- 1901 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 937; Folio: 125; Page: 18
77 Shirley Street, Hove (St Barnabus), Sussex
James Noble, head, married, 26, van man at laundry, b. Sussex, Brighton
Caroline Noble, wife, 30, b. Kent, Ramsgate
James Noble, son, 1, b. Sussex, Hove
Elizabeth Garrett, m-in-law, wid, 60, laundress, b. Kent, Ramsgate.
|Last Edited||24 February 2019|