Burr Russell Sackett
|Father||Filertus Sackett (1828-1895)|
|Mother||Caroline Sophia (O'Rear) Jemison (1841-1927)|
In 1900 Burr was living at Main Street, Butler, Bates County, MissouriG, in the household of his widowed mother Caroline, and was recorded in the census as Burr R Sackett, aged 17 and born in Missouri.12
In 1910 he was living at Moffet Avenue, St Louis, MissouriG, and was recorded as Burr Sackett, manager at a machine company, head of household, aged 28. His wife Bertha, 27, was living with him.13
Burr completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was aged 36 and was a salesman at the Free Sewing Machine Company. He was living at 3700 Harrison, Chicago, Cook County, IllinoisG, with his wife Ruth.14
In 1920 he was living at Euclid Street, St Louis, MissouriG, and was recorded as Burr Sackette, a sewing machine salesman, head of household, aged 37. His wife Ruth, 24, was living with him.15
In 1930 he was living at West Fern, Tampa, Hillsborough County, FloridaG, and was recorded as Burr R Sackett, a salesman, head of household, aged 48. His wife Muriel, listed as Meryl, 45 [actually 54], was living with him.16
In 1950 he was living at 4406 Nebrock Avenue, Tampa, Hillsborough County, FloridaG, and was recorded as Burr R Sackett, a wholesale sewing machine salesman, head of household, aged 67. His wife Muriel, 73, was living with him.17
Sackett, Burr R, 80, Masonic Home, Friday (July 13, 1962). Born in Butler, Mo. Here four months from Tampa. Retired real estate broker. Member John Darling Masonic Lodge 154, F & AM, Tampa. Survived by his wife, Cornelia M.
Anderson-McQueen Funeral Home.
—Tampa Bay Times, St. Petersburg, Florida, 14 Jul 1962, p 15
Burr R Sackett.
Burr R. Sackett, 80, formerly of Kansas City, died yesterday at the Masonic home in St. Petersburg, Fla. He was born in Butler, Mo., and lived here about 30 years. Mr. Sackett had lived in Florida 30 years. He was a retired sewing machine salesman. He was a member of the Shrine. His wife Mrs. Muriel Sackett of the Masonic home survives. Services will be held at 3 o'clock today in St. Petersburg; burial in Tampa, Fla.
—The Kansas City Times, Kansas City, Missouri, 14 Jul 1962, p 5
Notes & Citations
- Marriage record.
- Death record.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Burr Sackett, b. Apr 3, 1882, d. Jul, 1962, SSN 262-07-1057 issued FL, residence unknown."
- "Florida Death Index, 1877–1998" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Burr R, d. Pinellas, Jul 1962."
- "Iowa Marriage Records, 1880–1951" (Ancestry image), "3 Feb 1915, Dubuque County, Iowa, B Russell Sackett, of Kansas City, MO, age 31, b. Kansas, MO, father John Sackett, mother Anna; and Ruth E Hunter, of Kansas City, age 21, b. Kansas, MO, father Peter Hunter, mother Mary Malone. Both 1st m. Witnesses: Mrs Kamp, Ed J Donegan. By John Glab JP."
Statement of parents' names as John and Anna is unexplained.
- Email from Carol Sackett to Sackett Discussion List, 28 Jan 2007.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Cornelia M Sackett, b. Feb 14, 1876, d. Apr 15, 1967, SSN 496-26-7082 issued MO, residence Saint Petersburg, Florida, 33704, county Pinellas."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Muriel, b. 14 Feb 1876, d. 15 Apr 1967, claim date 21 Oct 1950."
- "Florida Death Index, 1877–1998" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Cornelia M, d. Pinellas, Apr 1967."
- 1900 United States Federal Census
Roll 839, p 9, Enumeration District 0013, FHL microfilm
Main Street, Butler, Bates County, Missouri
Sackett, Caroline S, head, b. Aug 1841, 58, wd, b. IN, father b. KY, mother b. NC, home rented
Sackett, Harry M, son, b. Jan 1879, 21, grocer clerk, b. MO, father b. IN, mother b. IN
Sackett, Burr R, son, b. Apr 1883, 17, b. MO, father b. IN, mother b. IN
Blaine, George M, boarder, b. Jun 1875, 24, clergyman, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. KY.
- 1910 United States Federal Census
Roll T624_820, p 25a, Enumeration District 0325, FHL microfilm 1374833
Moffett Avenue, St Louis City, Missouri
Sackett, Burr, head, 28, m. 5y, manager, machine co, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO, home rented
Sackett, Bertha, wife, 27, m. 5y, no ch, b. KS, father b. NY, mother b. IA.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918" (FamilySearch image), Illinois, Chicago, Cook, Roll 676, Draft Board 31, "Serial no. 352, Burr Russell Sackett, of 3700 Harrison, Chicago, Cook, Ill, age 36, b. 3 Apr 1882, white, native born, salesman, Free Sewing Mach Co, 13 St 815 Ave, Rockford, Ill, nok: Mrs. Ruth Helena Sackett, 3700 Harrison, Chicago, Cook, Ill. Registrant: med ht, stout build, blue eyes, brown hair, no disabilities. Reg 12 Sep 1918."
- 1920 United States Federal Census
Roll T625_961, p 8A, Enumeration District 518
Euclid, St Louis, Missouri
Sackette, Burr, head, 37, salesman, sewing machine, b. MO, father b. IN, mother b. IN, home rented
Sackette, Ruth, wife, 24, none, b. MO, father b. TN, mother b. IA.
- 1930 United States Federal Census
Page 4B, Enumeration District 0099, FHL microfilm 2340055
West Fern, Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida
Sackett, Burr R, head, 48, m. at 22, salesman, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO, home rented, $20
Sackett, Meryl, wife, 45, m. at 19, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI.
- 1950 United States Federal Census
Roll 4179, sheet 72, district 72-130
4406 Nebrock Ave, Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida
Sackett, Burr R, head, 67, wholesale sewing machine salesman, b. MO
Sackett, Muriel G, wife, 73, wholesale sewing machine sales clerk, b. MI.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||30 Jul 2023|