Homer Samuel Sackett1
|Father||Charles H Sackett (1852-1928)|
|Mother||Harriet M Robinson (1863-after 1920)|
Homer completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was then aged 34 and was living at 722 Bittersweet Pl, Chicago, Cook County, IllinoisG, with his wife Louise. He was a timber engineer with the Chicago Milwaukee & St. Paul Railroad Company.9
Children of Homer Samuel Sackett and Louise Chrisly
- Homer Samuel "Sam" Sackett b. Apr 1914, d. 20 Mar 1971
- Letitia Sackett b. 1916, d. after 1930
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Avon Herald, (Avon, Livingston County, New York), p. 1. May 1, 1884. "Stop the press! Unlock the Form! This office always recognized true patriotism. Latest from the seat of war! A bouncing 10 pound boy, says Grandpa Sackett, at the home of Charley Sackett. The youngster is kicking and mamma is doing well. Congratulations."
- "Oregon, Death Index, 1898–2008", database, Ancestry.com, "4 Mar 1956, Sackett, Homer S, Multnomah Co, cert 3247, spouse Eva."
- Date of marriage based on birth of first child.
- 1920 Census ,.
- Illinois Statewide Death Index, 1916-1950 ,.
- "Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851–2003", digital image, Ancestry.com, Chicago Daily Tribune, 21 June 1922, "Death Notices. / Sackett—Mrs. H.S. Sackett, wife of H.S. Sackett of 722 Bittersweet-pl., June 20. Funeral Thursday, 2 p.m., at 2701 N. Clark-st., private."
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, Illinois, Chicago, Cook, Roll A2824, Draft Board 54.
"Serial no. 1416, Homer Samuel Sackett, of 2nd 722 Bittersweet Pl, Chicago, Cook, Ill, age 34, b. 1 May 1884, white, native born, timber engineer, Chicago Milwaukee & St. Paul, 1303 Railway Exchange, 6 Michigan Ave, Chicago, Cook, Ill. nok: wife, Louise Chrisly Sackett, 722 Bittersweet Place, Chicago, Cook, Ill. Registrant: med ht, slender build, blue eyes, lgt brown hair. Reg 12 Sep 1918."
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Descendants of Orange Sackett
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||30 May 2017|