Brenda Margaret Sackett
|Father||Sidney Rupert Sackett (1882-1919)|
|Mother||Eleanor W Birkett (1877-1955)|
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Brenda was living at 74 London Road, Chelmsford, EssexG, in the household of a Brown family. She was a librarian and indexer.4
Brenda proved her mother Eleanor's will on 26 January 1956. Her estate was valued at £1,020.5
Brenda visited South Africa, leaving London for Durban on 1 June 1957 on the Jagersfontein.6
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1912. Sackett, Brenda M (mother's maiden name: Birkett). King's L."
- 1939 Register.
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Nov 1991. Sackett, Brenda Margaret, b. 23 Aug 1912. Deben. 10:2636:1191."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Brown household, 74 London Road, Chelmsford, Essex: RG101/1493I/016/1, Brenda M Sackett, b. 23 Aug 1912, single, librarian & indexer.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Eleanor of 15 Shrublands Close Chelmsford widow died 27 November 1955 Probate London 26 January 1956 to Brenda Margaret Sackett spinster. Effects £1020 16s. 2d."
- "UK Outward Passenger Lists 1890–1960", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Brenda M Sackett, b. 23 Aug 1912, single, librarian, of 15 Shrublands Close, Chelmsford, Essex, dep. Southampton, 1 Jun 1957, to Durban, South Africa, res. England, intended res. England, tourist class, ship Jagersfontein, Holland Africa Line."
|Sackett line||5th great-granddaughter of Richard Sackett of South Weald, Essex|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
|Last Edited||22 May 2016|