Louisa Maria Sackett
|Father||George Sackett (1823-1863)|
|Mother||Louisa Maria Haysom (c 1830-1890)|
In 1871 Louisa was living at 7 Frances Place, ShoreditchG, in the household of her widowed mother Louisa, and was recorded in the census as Louisa Sackett, a scholar, aged nine and born in Shoreditch.4
In 1881 she was living at 11 Francis Place, Hoxton Old Town, MiddlesexG, in the household of her widowed mother Louisa, and was recorded as Louisa Sackett, a shipper?, single, aged 18.5
In 1901 she was living at 30 Cecile Park, Hornsey, MiddlesexG, in the household of James Syms, 68, a solicitors' managing clerk, and family, and was recorded as Louisa M Sackett, a domestic servant, single, aged 39 and born in Islington.6
In 1911 she was living at Martley, Station Road, Hendon, MiddlesexG, in the household of Emily Goode, 68, a spinster, and was recorded as Louisa Sackett, servant, a cook, aged 50 and born in Hoxton.7
Louisa left a will which was proved on 21 October 1936 by Edith Tyrer. Her estate was valued at £105. Louisa and Edith had worked together as domestic servants.8
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1862. Sackett, Louisa Maria. Mother: Haysom. Shoreditch. 1c:177."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1936. Sackett, Louisa, 75. Barnet."
- Probate record.
- 1871 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG10, piece 457, folio 47, p. 3, GSU roll 823363
7 Frances Pl, Shoreditch, London
Louisa Sackett, head, widow, 40, b. Hampshire, Romsey
Thomas Sackett, son, 17, [occ. blank], b. Shoreditch
Alfred Sackett, son, 14, errand boy, b. Shoreditch
Rose Sackett, dau, 13, scholar, b. Shoreditch
Louisa Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. Shoreditch
Ann Coster, lodger, widow, 39, collar dresser, b. Kent, Blackheath
Martha Gallery, visitor, unm, 27, bonnet maker, b. Surrey, Southwark.
- 1881 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG11, Piece 397, Folio 89, p. 13, GSU roll 1341086
11 Francis Pl, Hoxton Old Town, Middlesex
Louisa Sackett, head, widow, 49, retired, b. Hants, Ramsey
Alfred Sackett, son, unm, 24, mason, b. Shoreditch
Louisa Sackett, dau, unm, 18, shipper, b. Shoreditch
Charles Chad, son-in-law, 31, mason, b. Shoreditch
Elizabeth Chad, dau, 30, b. Shoreditch
Charles Chad, gson, 6, scholar, b. Shoreditch
Alfred Chad, gson, 2, b. Shoreditch
James Chad, gson, 9m, b. Shoreditch.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 1240/96
30 Cecile Park, Hornsey (Christchurch, Crouch End), Middlesex
James Syms, head, married, 68, solicitors' managing clerk, b. Aylesbury, Bucks
Sarah A Syms, wife, 67, b. Marylebone, Middlesex
Mary H Syms, dau, single, 39, b. Pentonville, Middlesex
Eric H Maddox, grandson, 2, b. Highgate, Middlesex
Louisa M Sackett, serv, single, 39, domestic, b. Islington, Middlesex
Sophia Barnett, sick nurse, married, 55, sick nurse, b. Clerkenwell, Middlesex.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, Piece 7109, Schedule 248
Martley, Station Road, Hendon, Middlesex
Emily Goode, head, 68, single, b. Worcester
Edith Tyrer, servant, 37, single, housemaid, b. Islington
Louisa Sackett, servant, 50, single, cook, b. Hoxton, London.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Louisa of 38 Bell-lane Hendon Middlesex spinster died 5 October 1936 at Shenley Hospital Hertfordshire Probate London 21 October to Edith Tyrer spinster. Effects £105 5s. 1d."
|Last Edited||24 Nov 2016|