George Curtis Sackett
|Father||Dudley P Sackett (1842-1906)|
|Mother||Ida A Curtis (c 1852-)|
In 1900 George was living in Fairmont, Martin County, MinnesotaG, in the household of his parents Dudley and Ida, and was recorded in the census as George C Sackett, at school, aged 15 and born in Minnesota.5
George completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was then aged 33 and was a fireman for the City of Seattle at Orcas and Rainier. He was living at 6318 Rainer, SeattleG, with his wife Mabel.6
In 1920 he was living in Rainier, SeattleG, and was recorded as (an unknown value.)7
In 1930 he was living at 63rd Street South, Seattle, King County, Washington StateG, and was recorded as Geo C Sackett, a fireman with the City Fire Department, head of household, aged 45 and born in Minnesota. He owned his home. Living with him were his wife Mabel, 38, and their son Gerald L, aged five.8
George completed a World War II draft registration card on 27 April 1942. He was aged 57 and was living at Riddle, Douglas County, OregonG, with his wife Mabel.9
Child of George Curtis Sackett and Mabel Alice Loudon
- Gerald Loudon Sackett+ b. 26 Apr 1925, d. 14 Jun 2014
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "7681. George Sackett, b. in 1885."
- Thurmon King's database.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "George Sackett, b. Nov 3, 1884, d. May, 1967, SSN 535-20-5921 issued WA, residence Seattle, Washington, 98102, county King."
- "Washington death index, 1940–2017" (Ancestry transcript), "George C Sackett, d. 19 May 1967, at Seattle, res. Seattle, cert 010454."
- 1900 United States Federal Census
Roll 775, p. 5A, Enumeration District 0166, FHL microfilm 1240775
Fairmont Village, Fairmont Township, Martin County, Minnesota, 12 Jun 1900
Sackett, Dudley P, head, b. Jul 1842, 57, m. 21y, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, nurseryman, owned home free of mortgage
Sackett, Ida A, wife, b, Nov 1851, 48, m. 21y, 4 ch, all living, b. MA, father b. VT, mother b. Ireland
Sackett, Florence E, dau, b. Apl 1882, 18, b. MN, father b. NY, mother b. MA, at school
Sackett, George C, son, b. Nov 1884, 15, b. MN, father b. NY, mother b. MA, at school
Sackett, Dora M, dau, b. Sep 1892, 7, b. MN, father b. NY, mother b. MA, at school
Curtiss, Mary, head, b. May 1833, 67, wid, 8 ch, 5 living, b. Ireland, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland, immigrated 1848, owned home free of mortgage
Curtiss, Florence M, dau, b. Apr 1857, 43, single, b. WI, father b. Ireland, mother b. WI [sic], teacher.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918" (FamilySearch image), Sackett, George Curtis. Washington, King. Roll 1991932, Draft Board 11.
"Serial 1584, George Curtis Sackett, of 6318 Rainier, Seattle, King, Wash, age 33, b. Nov 3 1884, white, native born, fireman, City of Seattle, at Orcas & Rainier, Seattle, nok wife Mabel Alice Sackett, 6318 Rainier, Seattle. Registrant tall, slender build, brown eyes, dark hair, no disabilities. Reg Sep 12 1918, Seattle, Washington."
- 1920 United States Federal Census
Roll T625_1930, p. 9A, Enumeration District 311, image 809
Rainier, Seattle City, King County, Washington, 11 Jan 1920
Sackett, Geo C, head, home owned on mortgage, 35, married, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. MN, fireman, City Fire Dept
Sackett, Mabel L, wife, 29, b. NE, father b. IA, mother b. IL.
- 1930 United States Federal Census
Roll 2505, p. 6A, Enumeration District 0225, image 756.0, FHL microfilm 2342239
63rd St So, City of Seattle, King County, Washington, 5 Apr 1930
Sackett, Geo C, head, home owned, value $3,500, 45, m. at 26, b. MN, father b. NY, mother b. MA, fireman, City Fire Dept
Sackett, Mabel L, wife, 38, m. at 22, b. NE, father b. IL, mother b. IA
Sackett, Gerald L, son, 5, b. WA, father b. MN, mother b. NE.
- "US World War II draft registration cards 1942" (Ancestry image), "Serial no U221, George Curtis Sackett, Riddle, Douglas, Oregon, age 57, b. Fairmont, Minn, 3 Nov 1884, contact Mrs Mabel Sackett, Riddle, Oregon, employment blank, race white, ht 5' 9", wt 175, eyes brown, hair gray, complexion ruddy, no physical marks. Reg Riddle, Douglas County, Oregon, 27 Apr 1942."
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
|Last Edited||1 Sep 2014|