Stephen Elijah Reed
|Father||Elijah Fitch Reed (1798-1861)|
In 1850 Stephen was living at Clifton Park, Saratoga County, New York StateG, in the household of his parents Elijah and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Stephen Reed, a farmer, aged 24 and born in New York. Living with him were his wife Rachel, 22, and their children, Mary Esther, 3, and Farristena, aged one.5
In 1880 he was living at Vischers Ferry, Clifton Park, Saratoga CountyG, and was recorded as Stephen Reed, a farmer, aged 54 and born in New York. Living with him were his wife Rachel, 53, their children, Maggie, 17, and Arthetta, 15, and Stephen's widowed brother Van Ranslan, 52.6
Children of Stephen Elijah Reed and Rachel Ann Fonda
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "7370. Stephen Reed, b. Apr. 4, 1826; m. Rachel A. Fonda."
- Email from Virginia Keeler-Connors to Chris Sackett, July 2014.
- Website Find A Grave, Vischer Ferry Cemetery, Reed gravestone, "Rachel Ann Fonda / wife of / Stephen Reed / born Jan 15 1827 / died Mar 4 1887." "Stephen Reed / born Apr 4 1826 / died Nov 3 1908."
- 1850 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll M432_593, p. 507A, Image 463
Clifton Park, Saratoga County, New York, 25 Jul 1850
Elijah F Reed, 52, farmer, real estate #14,000, b. NY
Mary Reed, 51, b. NY
Stephen Reed, 24, farmer, b. NY
Ransalier Reed, 22, farmer, b. NY
Fitch Reed, 20, farmer, b. NY
Mary Reed, 13, b. NY
Rachael Hellen Reed, 3, b. NY
Rachael Ann Reed, 22, b. NY
Mary Esther Reed, 3, b. NY
Farristena Reed, 1, b. NY.
- 1880 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 928, Family History Film 1254928, p. 50B, Enumeration District 065, Image 0102 (CRS)
Village of Vischers Ferry, Clifton Park, Saratoga County, New York
Reed, Stephen, 54, [head], married, farmer, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Reed, Rachael, 53, wife, keeping house, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Reed, Maggie, 17, dau, at school, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Reed, Arthetta, 15, dau, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Reed, Van Ranslan, 52, brother, wid, works on farm, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Capt Richard Sackett of New York|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||8 Feb 2015|