Anson L Sackett
|Father||George Ruggles Sackett (1815-1848)|
|Mother||Clarissa (Payne) Woodbury|
Anson Sackett served in the American Civil War in the 9th Regiment, New York Cavalry. He entered service on 1 September 1861 and was discharged on 1 June 1865.3
Children of Anson L Sackett and Sadie Magee
- Charles Edward Sackett b. 1878
- Helen Goodwin Sackett b. 1880, d. 1890
- George Campbell Sackett b. 1882
- Clarence W. Sackett b. 1885
- Marion Barlow Sackett+ b. 1892
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "7310. Anson L. Sackett, b. July 30, 1844; m. Sadie Magee."
- "Pennsylvania, Veterans Burial Cards, 1777–1999" (Ancestry image), "Erie County. Sackett, A L, b. 1845, d. 19 Dec 1906, veteran of Civil War, Army, service 9/1/61–6/1/65, Company C 9th NY Cav, Private, Pine Grove Cemetery, Corry, Pa, range 15, grave 9, government headstone, info from Cem/GAR 2/19/35."
- Website American Civil War database (National Park Service) (www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/index.html), "Sackett, Anson L, Union, 9th Regiment, New York Cavalry."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Captain Richard Sackett of New York|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||24 Oct 2013|