Henry William Sackett
|Father||James William Sackett (1868-1901)|
|Mother||Louisa Mary Ann Edwards (c 1873-1934)|
In 1901 Henry was living at 40 Creekmouth, St Margaret's, Dagenham, EssexG, in the household of his widowed mother Louisa, and was recorded in the census as William H Sackett, aged five and born in Barking.7
Henry served as a private in the Wiltshire Regiment during the First World War. He was killed in action in Iraq.8,9
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Dec qtr 1895. Sackett, Henry William. Mother: Edwards. Romford. 4a:443."
- 1901 England census.
- Baptisms Register, Barking, Essex (England Births and Christenings, LDS FamilySearch), "25 Oct 1895, William Henry Sackett, son of James William Sackett & Louisa Mary Ann."
- "Essex Baptisms" (Findmypast transcript), Baptisms Register, Barking, St Margaret, Essex, "25 Oct 1895, William Henry Sackett, b. 8 Oct 1895, father James William Sackett, labourer, mother Louisa Mary, of Creeksmouth."
- Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission (www.greatwar.nl), "Sackett, Henry William, Private, service no. 11791, d. 25/01/1917, aged 22, 5th Bn., Wiltshire Regiment, United Kingdom, grave/memorial ref. XVII. B. 5., Amara War Cemetery, son of Mrs. L. M. A. Sackett, of 40, Creek's Mouth, Barking, Essex. Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead."
- General Register Office, Online Index to War Deaths, "1917. Sackett, pte Henry W, no. 11791, unit: Wilts."
- 1901 England census
40 Creekmouth, St Margarets, Barking (5+ rooms)
Louisa M A Sackett, head, widow, 28, b. Custom House, Essex
James R Sackett, son, 7, b. Dagenham, Essex
William H Sackett, son, 5, b. Barking, Essex
Lily A Sackett, dau, 4, b. Barking
Louisa M A Sackett, dau, 2, b. Barking.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards" (Findmypast transcript).
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, Henry W, Private, Wiltshire Regiment, service no. 11791, Victory Medal, British Medal, 1915 Star, Theatre of War Balkans 12 Jul 1915. WO372/17."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Richard Sackett of South Weald, Essex|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Sep 2023|