|Father||Edward Gaskell Sackett (1849-1925)|
|Mother||Alice Horsburgh (1854-1923)|
In 1891 Edgar was living at 35 Sherwood Rise, Basford, NottinghamshireG, in the household of his parents Edward and Alice, and was recorded in the census as Edgar Sackett, aged eight and born in Horsforth.5
Administration of Edgar's estate in England, valued at £150, was granted in LondonG on 7 February 1957 to his widow Edith.6
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1882. Sackett, Edgar. Mother: Horsburgh. Wharfedale. 9a:142."
- Private papers of Hilary Kirk, Horsham, Sussex, family tree of Rev E S Sackett.
- Andrews Newspaper Index Cards (England), digital image, Ancestry.com, Unnamed publication, 23 March 1957, "Sackett, Edgar, Kingsway Amanzimtoti South Coast Natal Province South Africa. Retired Accountant, died 10th September 1955, particulars to The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd., 10 Clements Lane, London, E.C.4, before 26th May, 1957."
- Probate record.
- 1891 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 2670, folio 48, p. 26, GSU roll 6097780
35 Sherwood Rise, Basford, Nottingham
Edward G Sackett, head, married, 41, chartered accountant, b. Essex, Barking
Alice Sackett, wife, 36, b. Scotland
Nora A Sackett, dau, 10, b. Yorkshire, Horsforth
Edgar Sackett, son, 8, b. Yorkshire, Horsforth
Harry L Sackett, son, 6, b. Nottingham
Mabel Sackett, dau, 3, b. Nottingham
Emily Taylor, serv, single, 17, dom, b. Lincolnshire.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Edgar of Kingsway Amanzimtoti South Coast Natal South Africa died 10 September 1955 at Addington Hospital Durban Natal Administration (with Will) (limited) London 7 February 1957 to The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited attorney of Edith May Sackett widow. Effects £150 in England."
|Last Edited||11 November 2016|