Lee Emory Sackett
|Father||George Emory Sackett (1848-1925)|
|Mother||Emma Augusta Cottrell (1860-after 1886)|
In 1900 Lee was living in Vaughn Township, Iron County, WisconsinG, in the household of his mother Emma, and was recorded in the census as Lee Sackett, at school, aged 15 and born in Wisconsin.5
Lee completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was aged 34 and was living at 1105 Hughitt Avenue, Superior, Douglas County, WisconsinG. He was a conductor on the Great Northern Railroad.6
In 1920 he was living at Hughitt Avenue, SuperiorG, and was recorded as Lee E Sackett, railway conductor, head of household, aged 35. He rented his home. Living with him were his wife Della, 29, and Della's grandparents, Frank and Martha Cottrell. There were also two male lodgers in the household.7
In 1930 he was living at Cleveland Street, Milaca, Mille Lacs County, MinnesotaG, and was recorded as L E Sackett, railroad conductor, head of household, aged 45. He rented his home. Living with him were his wife Della, 40, and their children, Marginia, 7, Eva, 4, Rollie, 2, and James, aged six months.8
Lee completed a World War II draft registration card on 27 April 1942. He was living at 2222 East 5th, SuperiorG, aged 57, and was employed by Great Northern Railway.9
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007", database, Ancestry.com, Lee Emory Sackett, SSN 702010936, b. 21 Nov 1884, d. 10 May 1952, death claim 4 Jun 1952.
- "Michigan, Marriage Records, 1867–1952", digital image, Ancestry.com, "31 Aug 1910, at Ironwood, MI, license 27 Aug 1910, Lee Emory Sackett, 25, of Hurley, Wis, b. Wis, baggageman, father G M Sackett, mother Emma A Cottrell; to Della Frances Roscorla, 20, of Wakefield, Mich, b. Mich, at home, father R? B Roscorla, mother Minnie Kline. Both 1st m. By G M Tourtellot, Clergy. Witnesses: R C Sackett of Hurley, Wis; Maud L Roscorla of Wakefield, Mich."
- Marriage record.
- 1900 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll 1791, p. 8A, Enumeration District 0042, FHL microfilm 1241791
Vaughn, Iron County, Wisconsin, 14 Jun 1900
Sackett, Emma, wife/head?, b. Apr 1860, 40, m. 24y, 5 ch, 4 living, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, dressmaker, home rented
Sackett, Roy, son, b. May 1880, 20, single, b. WI, father b. PA, mother b. NY, drayman
Sackett, Archie, son, b. Oct 1882, 17, b. WI, father b. PA, mother b. NY, school
Sackett, Lee, son, 15, b. Nov 1884, b. WI, father b. PA, mother b. NY, school
Sackett, Rolland, son, b. Jun 1887, 12, b. WI, father b. PA, mother b. NY, school.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, Wisconsin, Douglas. Film No. 1674993.
"Serial 2928, order 1597, Lee Emory Sackett, 1105 Hughitt Ave. Superior WI, Age: 34, Birth date: Nov. 21, 1884, White, native born, Occupation: Conductor, Employer: G.N.R.R. [Great Northern], Superior, WI, Nearest relative: Mrs. Della F. Sackett, 1105 Hughitt Ave., Superior, WI. Height: Medium, Build: Medium, Brown eyes, Black hair, No disab. Reg Superior, Wis, Sept. 12, 1918."
- 1920 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: T625_1985; Page: 4B; Enumeration District: 79; Image: 132
Hughitt Av, Superior Ward 6, Douglas County, Wisconsin, 7 Jan 1920
Sackett, Lee E, head, home rented, 35, married, b. WI, father b. NY, mother b. WI, conductor, steam railroad
Sackett, Della, wife, 29, b. MI, father b. England, mother b. MI
Cottrell, Frank, grandfather, 82, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Cottrell, Martha, grandmother, 77, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Clarke, James, lodger, 28, b. MN, father b. Eng, mother b. WI, conductor, steam railroad
Clarke, Harold S, lodger, 27, b. MN, father b. Eng, mother b. WI, cashier.
- 1930 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: 1107; Page: 1A; Enumeration District: 0015; Image: 635.0; FHL microfilm: 2340842
Block 35, Cleveland Street, Milaca, Mille Lacs County, Minnesota, 2/3 Apr 1930
Sackett, L E, head, home rented, $25 p.m., 45, m. at 25, b. WI, father b. NY, mother b. NY, conductor, steam railroad
Sackett, Della, wife, 40, m. at 20, b. MI, father b. Eng, mother b. MI
Sackett, Marginia, dau, 7, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. MI
Sackett, Eva L, dau, 4, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. MI
Sackett, Rolley, son [sic: dau], 2, b. MN, father b. WI, mother b. MI
Sackett, James E, son, 6/12, b. MN, father b. WI, mother b. MI.
- "US World War II draft registration cards 1942", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Serial no. U0670, Lee Emory Sackett, 2222 E 5th, Superior, Douglas, Wis, tel 8149, age 57, b. Appleton, Wis, 21 Nov 1884, nok Mrs Emma Sackett, Mellon, Wis, emp. Great Northern Ry, Superior, Wis, ht 5' 8½", wt 147, eyes brown, hair gray, complexion dark, no marks. Reg Court House, Superior, Douglas County, Wis, 27 Apr 1942."
|Last Edited||27 January 2018|