Elmer Orlin Sackett
|Father||Elton Sackett (1868-1913)|
|Mother||Nellie Sofia Birch (1867-1957)|
In 1900 Elmer was living in Shelby, Blue Earth County, MinnesotaG, in the household of his parents Elton and Nellie, and was recorded in the census as Elmer E Sacket, aged twelve and born in Minnesota.2
Elmer completed a World War I draft registration card on 5 June 1917. He was then aged 29 and was a self-employed farmer. He was living in Truman, Martin CountyG, and was married with one child.3
Children of Elmer Orlin Sackett and Elsie Adelia Winch
- Myrtle Cora Sackett b. 20 Jan 1913, d. 2 Aug 1993
- Orlin James Sackett b. 15 May 1919, d. 19 Feb 1976
- Guy Elmer Sackett b. 13 May 1924, d. 15 Sep 1984
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 19814|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Thurmon King's database, 19814 Elmer Orlin Sackett.
- 1900 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Page: 8; Enumeration District: 0001; FHL microfilm: 1240757
Shelby, Blue Earth County, Minnesota, 14 Jun 1900
Sacket, Elton, head, b. Jun 1868, 31, m. 13y, b. MN, father b. [blank], mother b. [blank], farmer, rented
Sacket, Nellie S, wife, b. Nov 1868, 31, m. 13y, b. MN, father b. Canada, mother b. NY
Sacket, Elmer E, son, b. May 1888, 12, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. MN
Sacket, Willie Q, son, b. Apr 1890, 10, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. MN
Sacket, Elihu F, son, b. Dec 1891, 8, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. MN
Sacket, Clarence E, son, b. Jun 1895, 4, b. MN, father b. MN, mother b. MN
Brown, Cora B, niece, b. Jan 1884, 16, b. MN, father b. WI, mother b. MN.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, Minnesota, Martin. Roll 1675519.
"No 9, Elmer Orlin Sackett, age 29, Truman, Minn., b. 31 May 1888, natural born citizen, Nashville, Martin County, Minn., USA, farmer, self employed, Westford, wife and one child, married, Caucasian, no military service, claiming exemption from draft because married farmer, Registrant: med ht, slender build, light brown eyes, dark brown hair, not bald, no disabilities, Reg. Westford, Martin, Minnesota, 5 Jun 1917."
|Last Edited||6 November 2019|